Looking for HP 4650 Parts?
HP Color LaserJet 4650 Printer Series
HP 4650 with extra drawer.
The HP Color LaserJet 4650 printer series are four-color laser printers that are available in the following configurations.
About the HP Color LaserJet 4650 Printer Series
HP Color LaserJet 4650
The HP Color LaserJet 4650 printer is a four-color laser printer that prints 22 pages per minute (ppm) for letter-sized paper and 22 ppm for A4-size paper.
- Trays - The printer comes with a multipurpose tray (Tray 1) that holds up to 100 sheets of various print media or 20 envelopes, and a 500-sheet paper feeder (Tray 2) that supports letter, legal, executive, 8.5 by 13 inches, JIS B5, executive (JIS), 16K, A4, and A5- sized and custom media. The printer supports an optional 500-sheet paper feeder (Tray 3) or an optional 2 x 500-sheet paper feeder (Tray 3 and Tray 4) that each support letter, legal, executive, JIS B5, executive (JIS), 16K, A4, and A5-sized and custom media.
- Connectivity - The printer provides parallel, network, and auxiliary ports for connectivity. The printer also contains three enhanced input/output (EIO) slots, wireless connectivity, an auxiliary port, a universal serial bus (USB) connection, and a standard bidirectional parallel cable interface (IEEE-1284-C compliant).
- Memory - The printer contains 160 megabytes (MB) of memory for the HP Color LaserJet 4650, 4650n, and 4650dn: 128 MB of dual data-rate (DDR) synchronous dynamic random access memory (SDRAM), plus 32 MB of additional memory on the formatter board and an additional open dual inline memory module (DIMM) slot. The HP Color LaserJet 4650dtn and 4650hdn contain 288 MB of memory: 256 MB DDR, plus 32 MB of additional memory on the formatter board and an additional DIMM slot. To allow for memory expansion, the printer has two 200-pin small outline dual inline memory module (SODIMM) slots that accept 128, 256 MB each or one slot with one 512 MB DIMM. This printer can support up to 544 MB of memory: 512 MB of memory plus 32 MB additional memory on the formatter board. An optional hard disk drive is also available.
NOTE: Memory specification: HP Color LaserJet 4650 series printers use 200-pin small outline dual inline memory modules (SODIMM) that support 128 or 256 MB of RAM. One 512 MB DIMM can be used. The memory used should be DDR PC2700.
HP Color LaserJet 4650n
The HP Color LaserJet 4650n printer includes the features of the 4650, plus an HP Jetdirect 620N printer server EIO network card.
HP Color LaserJet 4650dn
The HP Color LaserJet 4650dn printer includes the features of the 4650n, plus automatic two-sided printing.
HP Color LaserJet 4650dtn
The HP Color LaserJet 4650dtn includes the features of the 4650dn, an additional 500- sheet paper feeder (Tray 3), and a total of 288 MB of SDRAM.
HP Color LaserJet 4650hdn
The HP Color LaserJet 4650hdn includes the features of the 4650dn, plus a 2 x 500-sheet paper feeder assembly (Tray 3 and Tray 4), and an optional hard disk.
This printer combines the quality and reliability of Hewlett-Packard printing with the features listed below. For more information on printer features, see the Hewlett-Packard Web site at https://www.hp.com/support/clj4650
- 22 pages per minute (ppm) for letter-sized paper and 22 ppm for A4-sized paper
- Prints on transparencies and glossy paper
160 megabytes (MB) of memory for the HP Color LaserJet 4650, 4650n, and 4650dn: 128 MB of dual data-rate (DDR) plus 32 MB of additional memory on the formatter board and an additional DDR slot
Memory specification: HP Color LaserJet 4650 series printers use 200-pin small outline dual inline memory modules (SODIMM) that support 128 or 256 MB of RAM
- 288 MB of memory for the HP Color LaserJet 4650dtn and 4650hdn: 256 MB DDR plus 32 MB of additional memory on the formatter board and an additional DDR slot
- Can be expanded to 544 MB: 512 MB of DDR memory plus 32 MB of memory on the formatter board
- Optional hard disk drive can be added via an EIO slot (included with the HP Color LaserJet 4650hdn printer)
- Graphic display on control panel
- Enhanced Help with animated graphics
- Embedded Web server to access support and order supplies (network-connected printers)
- HP toolbox software to provide printer status and alerts, configure printer settings, view documentation and troubleshooting information, and print internal printer information pages
|Supported printer personalities|
- HP PCL 6
- HP PCL 5c
- PostScript 3 emulation
- Portable document format (PDF)
- Personal identification number (PIN) printing
- Fonts and forms
- PowerSave setting
- High content of recyclable components and materials
- Energy Star compliant
- Blue Angel compliant
- 80 internal fonts available for both PCL and PostScript emulation
- 80 printer-matching screen fonts in TrueType format available with the software solution
- Supports forms and fonts on the disk using HP Web Jetadmin
- Printer hard disk, which provides storage for fonts and macros as well as additional features for Job Storage; standard on HP Color LaserJet 4650hdn printer
- Dual inline memory modules (DIMM)
- CompactFlash slots for additional fonts and firmware upgrades
- Printer stand
- Optional 500-sheet paper feeder (Tray 3) that supports letter, legal, executive, JIS B5, A4, and A5-sized media; standard on HP Color LaserJet 4650dtn printer
- Optional 2 x 500-sheet paper feeder (Tray 3 and Tray 4) that supports letter, legal, executive, JIS B5, A4, A5-sized, and custom media; standard on HP Color LaserJet 4650hdn printer
- Optional enhanced input/output (EIO) network card; standard on HP Color LaserJet 4650n, 4650dn, 4650dtn, and 4650hdn printers
- USB 1.1 connection
- HP Web Jetadmin software
- Standard bidirectional parallel cable interface (IEEE -1284-C compliant)
- Auxiliary connector
- Both USB and parallel connections are supported, but cannot be used at the same time
- Supplies status page contains information on toner level, page count, and estimated pages remaining
- No-shake cartridge design
- Printer checks for authentic HP print cartridges at cartridge installation
- Internet-enabled supply-ordering capabilities (using the embedded Web server or HP toolbox software)
|HP LaserJet 4650||566 mm (22.30 inches)||480 mm (18.91 inches)||456 mm (17.97 inches)||36.3 kg (80.03 lbs)|
|HP LaserJet 4650 with optional Tray 3||654 mm (25.77 inches)||480 mm (18.91 inches)||456 mm (17.97 inches)||43.8 kg (96.56 lbs)|
|HP LaserJet 4650 with optional 2 x 500 sheet input tray||1035 mm (40.7 inches)||645 mm (25.4 inches)||460 mm (18.1 inches)||65.8 kg (145 lbs)|
|110-Volt models||220-Volt models|
|Power requirements||110-127V (+/- 10 percent) 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)||220-240V (+/- 10 percent) 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)|
|Power consumption (average, in watts)|
|Product model||Active (22 ppm letter)||Idle||PowerSave||Off||Heat Output- Idle (BTU/ Hour)|
|HP LaserJet 4650||560||38||26||0.3||130|
|HP LaserJet 4650n||560||38||26||0.3||130|
|HP LaserJet 4650dn||560||38||26||0.3||130|
|HP LaserJet 4650dtn||560||38||26||0.3||130|
|HP LaserJet 4650hdn||560||40||31||0.3||137|
Values are subject to change.
PowerSave default activation time is 30 minutes.
|Temperature||17 to 25 degrees Celsius (62.6 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit)||10 to 30 degrees Celsius (50 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit)|
|Humidity||30 to 70% relative humidity (RH)||10 to 80% RH|
|Altitude||0 to 2600 m (0 to 8530 feet)|
|Sound Power Level||Declared Per ISO 9296|
|Active (22 ppm letter) Idle||LWAd=6.5 Bels (A) (65 dB (A)) LWAd=5.0 Bels (A) (50 dB (A))|
|SPL - Bystander Position||Declared Per ISO 9296|
|Active (22 ppm letter) Idle||LpAm=51 dB (A) LpAm=34 dB (A)|
NOTE:Values are subject to change.
PowerSave default activation time is 30 minutes.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy. If this equipment is not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, it may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase separation between equipment and receiver.
- Connect equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is located.
- Consult your dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician.
Any changes or modifications to the printer that are not expressly approved by HP could void the user's authority to operate this equipment.
Use of a shielded interface cable is required to comply with the Class B limits of Part 15 of FCC rules.
Environmental product stewardship program
Protecting the environment
Hewlett-Packard Company is committed to providing quality products in an environmentally sound manner. This product has been designed with several attributes to minimize impacts on the environment.
This product generates no appreciable ozone gas (3).
This product is designed to reduce power consumption and save natural resources without compromising product performance. It has been designed to reduce total energy consumption both during operation and when the device is not active.
This product qualifies for ENERGY STAR, a voluntary program established by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to encourage the development of energy-efficient office products.
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered service mark of the U.S. EPA. As an ENERGY STAR partner, HP has determined that this product meets ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
This product is optional, automatic, duplex feature (two-sided printing), and N-up printing (multiple pages printed on one page) capability can reduce paper usage and the resulting demands on natural resources.
Plastic parts over 25 grams have markings according to international standards that enhance the ability to identify plastics for recycling purposes at the end of the product's life.
HP LaserJet printing supplies
In many countries/regions, this product's printing supplies (print cartridges, fuser, and transfer unit) can be returned to HP through the HP Printing Supplies Returns and Recycling Program. An easy-to-use and free takeback program is available in over 48 countries/regions. Multilingual program information and instructions are included in every new HP LaserJet print cartridge and supplies package.
This product is capable of using recycled papers when the paper meets the guidelines outlined in theHP LaserJet Family Print Media Guide. See Supplies and accessories for ordering information. This product is suitable for the use of recycled paper according to EN 12281:2002.