The LC 5430 is a single port, multi-protocol Ethernet print server that combines the functionality of an ASCII 10/100 Mbps print server with reliable, full function AS/400 LAN printing to a non-IBM printer. It offers unparalleled AS/400 printing control using enhanced Telnet 5250 (TN5250e) over TCP/IP. The LC 5430 allows LAN printing from Windows, Novell, OS/2, or Unix platforms as well as natively from LAN connected IBM AS/400 host.
The LC 5430 attaches one parallel printer directly to a 10 or 100 Mbps Ethernet LAN, and supports multiple protocols including TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, and NetBIOS. The LC 5430 may be used with a variety of operating systems including Windows NT, 95, 98, Novell 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, OS/2, Unix, and OS/400. The LC 5430 also supports one IBM printer session with field-proven IBM printer emulations. These unique characteristics enable the to sharing of printer resources when several different operating systems are in use.
In addition to being an ASCII Ethernet LAN print server, the LC 5430 supports AS/400 printing over TCP/IP (TN5250e), SNA (APPC), and AnyNet (SNA encapsulated in TCP/IP). Using any one of these protocols, the LC 5430 allows the LAN attached printer to offer the same reliable, full-function AS/400 printing support as a directly twinax-attached 5250 printer. These protocols provide controlled host printing directly from the IBM AS/400. TN5250e adds simple, one step set-up (auto-configuration) as well.
The LC 5430 can also speed up AS/400 printing since the AS/400 EBCDIC to ASCII data conversion is done by the LC 5430 it frees the host, or a client PC from performing this resource intensive task. This means a faster first page out, and overall increased speed.
- Allows AS/400 print jobs to be seamlessly printed over an Ethernet LAN.
- Communicates with the AS/400 using native TCP/IP via Enhanced Telnet 5250 (TN5250e).
- Printer error reporting to the AS/400 prevents loss of AS/400 print data and provides the same level of print status reporting as a 5250 twinax printer.
- Permits users to print select page ranges from large documents and reports from the AS/400.
- Installs in minutes with auto configuration (One step setup) using native TCP/IP.
- The offloading of data conversion eliminates unnecessary AS/400 or PC overhead by converting EBCDIC data directly on the LC 5430.
- Supports one IBM 5250 printer session for laser, dot-matrix, or specialty (barcode) printers.
- Permits full-function IBM printer emulations from the AS/400 when printing on the attached LAN printer.
- Simultaneous, multi-host printing (TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBIOS, SNA, AnyNet)
- Maximizes printer utilization by supporting concurrent printing not only from the AS/400 but from Novell, Windows NT, Windows 95, OS/2, UNIX, etc.
- 10Base-T, and 100Base-T physical interfaces protect print server investment when upgrading the LAN to 100 Mbps.
- The powerful RISC processor takes advantage of the LAN printer's maximum print speed even when processing AS/400 jobs.
- Protocols for AS/400 Printing: TCP/IP (TN5250e); TCP/IP (LPR/LPD); SNA (APPC); AnyNet (SNA over TCP/IP
- IBM Printer Emulations: 3812-1 (SCS); 4214; 5224/25/56
- Supported Printer Drivers for EBCDIC-ASCII Conversion: HP PCL; IBM Proprinter, PPDS; Epson ESC/P2, FX, LQ; Generic
- Protocols for LAN (ASCII) printing: TCP/IP (LPR/LPD); TCP/IP (Windows Peer-to Peer); IPX/SPX; NetBIOS
- ASCII LAN Hosts supported: Novell (NDS, bindery, PSERVER, RPRINTER); Windows 95, 98, NT,; Windows for Workgroups; OS/2 Warp, OS/2; UNIX
- Ethernet Frame Types: IEEE 802.2, 802.3, Ethernet II,; SNAP
- Ethernet Connection: 10BaseT, 100BaseT (auto-sensing)
- FLASH Memory
- SNMP Compliant
- Printer Ports: 1 IEEE 1284 bi-directional Centronics parallel port
- 100-240V (IEC) Auto Switching Power Supply Included
- FCC, CE
Copyright 1996-2001 AGILE. All rights reserved.