Decision Data Jazz/e
Hit All the Right Notes with Jazz/e for the Easiest IP/SNA Connections
This new IP/SNA controller creates instant harmony for your network with:
- Easy Decision All of these advantages plus more than 50% cost savings over the competition make Jazz/e easy to justify. You'll be really jazzed about Decision Data's new IP/SNA solution!
Easy Installation all the Jazz/e hardware and software is conveniently included in one shipping carton. You don't need any special tools or a PC to complete the installation process.
Easy Configuration Jazz/e is the easiest controller on the market to install, configure and use. Unlike competitive solutions, Jazz/e doesn't require a PC or multiple diskette exchanges for installation. Answer a few simple questions from any locally connected terminal and you're done. And configuration information is available any time, even while on-line!
Easy IP Connectivity Jazz/e supports IP (Native IP/AnyNet to AS/400) as well as traditional SNA connections.
Easy Compatibility 5294, 5394, 5494 or AnyNet/IP. Jazz/e connects 16 to 56 remote devices to an AS/400 using traditional SNA connections or MPTN/AnyNet across an Ethernet topology, giving you exceptional performance and productivity.
Easy Expandability Jazz/e controllers are fully extendable. Expand from 16 to 56 devices...add TN5250 server support...add LPR/LPD print support.
Easy Upgrades Jazz/e software is also available for existing Concert controllers, a cost-effective upgrade to IP/AnyNet capability.
- Jazz/e software is substantially pre-configured at the factory. Just select SNA or IP as your protocol of choice, and Jazz/e does the rest! In the 5494 mode, the Jazz/e will even auto-configure at the AS/400 further simplifying the installation and configuration process.
- Jazz/e automatically detects the type of devices that are attached via twinax cabling or UTP, then builds the appropriate support (displays, printers and PCs with twinax emulation cards).
To configure Jazz/e, simply enter the name of the appropriate S/3X or AS/400 and your controller IP address from an attached dumb workstation. You'll never need a PC!
Diskettes for 5294, 5394, 5494 and AnyNet/IP functionality are included with your Jazz/e software in the shipping carton.
- To connect, just select SNA or IP as the protocol of choice. If you select IP, the Jazz/e controller knows that you want to use AnyNet, so the only information you need is the IP variables, such as the AnyNet addressing scheme of the target AS/400 and the assigned IP address of the Jazz/e controller.
- Jazz/e delivers AnyNet/IP compatibility to almost any midrange environment. Jazz/e gives you a choice of 16, 28 or 56 device support, so you can choose the most cost-effective configuration to meet the needs of any remote location.
- Jazz/e software is also available for existing Concert controllers, a cost-effective upgrade to IP/AnyNet capability.
- With a choice of 16, 28 or 56 device support, Jazz/e makes it easy to choose the most cost-effective configuration to meet the needs of any remote location. An easy upgrade path to more devices or more capability ensures maximum investment protection.
- Twinax device adapter; 16 or 28 devices
- Token Ring LAN card
- Ethernet LAN card
- Synchronous host link adapter card
- ASCII device support (8 port increments)
- Coax adapter card, 4 ports (32 devices via multiplexer)
- Hard drive (faster booting, extended diagnostics)
- Second floppy drive
- Concert 5.0
- TN5250 server
- TN3270 server
- LPR/LPD print support
- Multiple host, mixed host support (and much more)
- H x W x D
- 4.25 x 13.75 x 16.50 (inches)
10.8 x 35.0 x 42.0 (cm)
- Power Requirements
- 120V or 220/240V
3A @ 115V
Frequency 60+2Hz /50+2Hz
Circuit Breaker 15A
Power Receptacle 3 Wire Grounded
Heat Dissipation (Approx. Maximum)
- 580 BTU/hour, 0.170 KVA
- 41F to 104F
5C to 40C
- -40F to 160F
-40C to 71C
- Operating 10% to 85% non-condensing
Storage 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Operating 10,000 ft. (3,000m)
Storage 40,000 ft (12,200m)
- UL, TUV, CSA, FCC A, Vfg. 243/1991