NLynx ES/PCI Twinax Emulation Combination
NLynx ES/PCI Twinax Emulation Combination (Twinax Card, T-Connector & Software) - Vista 32-bit Compatible.The ES/PCI card/software/T-Connector combo from NLynx provides IBM 5250 display and printer emulation and convenient Twinax access from your PC to any IBM AS/400, iSeries eServer i5, Advanced 36 and System 36, supporting up to seven sessions.
NLynx ES/PCI delivers Plug and Play PCI slot compatibility for PC platforms running all Microsoft Windows OS, including '95, '98, NT, ME, 2000, XP & Vista (32-bit mode).
ES/PCI is a twinax hardware/software/T-Connector package that provides powerful, flexible local IBM 5250 Twinax terminal and printer emulation for any 32-bit Windows environment. By using a PCI slot, you can link PCs via twinax or UTP cabling to an IBM System/36, Advanced Series/36, AS/400 or 15/iSeries servers to emulate a variety of IBM 5250 terminal types and IBM midrange printers.
The IBM-compatible NLynx 5250 Twinax emulator that is included with ES/PCI is feature-rich with all of the functionality associated with traditional IBM Twinax terminals. Many useful enhancements have been added to improve the productivity of the end-user, please refer to the list of features in the column to the left for more details.
Based on PCI bus technology, ES/PCI can be easily installed in the latest and fastest PCs, using true plug-and-play technology.
ES/PCI can be used in conjunction with ETU File Transfer Utility, an industry standard from NLynx, allowing direct file transfer between the PC and any System/36, Advanced Series/36, AS/400 or iSeries server that has ETU installed, ETU sold separately.
Part Number: 00-31-9607-0003.
- Display Options: choose from a variety of popular IBM "5250" twinax display emulations: (80 or 132 column, mono or color): 5251-11; 5291; 5292; 3179; 3180; 3196; 3197-C, 3197-D.
- Plug n Play. ES/PCI emulation card supports PnP PC configuration to automatically select the appropriate IRQ and IO address, eliminating configuration headaches.
- Multiple Session Support. A single PC can run seven Twinax sessions concurrently. AS/400 - S/3X data entry, batch processing, print jobs, and PC resident software can be run simultaneously
- Compatible with most Microsoft O/S, including '95, '98, NT, ME, 2000, XP & Vista (32-bit mode).
- Printer Options. Choose from a variety of popular printers supported by the PC. Up to three printers are supported at any one time, each running independently while another host or PC application is active.
- Hotspots identify host menu items. Host menu items and function keys can be assigned colors. Employ this aesthetic and intuitive approach to locate them quickly and easily.
- Keystroke Memory and Playback (macros). Predefine keystrokes for automated sign-on, repetitive data entry, or unattended operation. Store as many as 2,048 keystrokes in up to 24 keyboard macros
- ETU File Transfer support. ETU, an industry standard from NLynx, allows direct file transfer between the PC and any System/36, Advanced Series/36, AS/400 or iSeries server that has ETU installed, ETU sold separately..
|PC System Requirements:||- PCs with 486, Pentium or higher processor.|
- CD ROM drive.
- Hard disk with 6MB space available.
- PCI expansion slot.
- Minimum of 8MB of memory.
- Windows 95, 98, NT (4 or above), ME, 2000, XP or Vista (32-bit mode).
|IBM Display Support:||80 or 132 column, mono or color.|
5251-11; 5291-1,2; 5292-1; 3179-2; 3180-2; 3196 (all); 3197-C, 3197-D.
|IBM Printer Support:||3812, 5219, 4214, 4210, 5225, 5224 or 5256.|
|PCI Slot Requirement:||Full-height standard PCI slot|
|The ES/PCI Package:||- ES/PCI Twinax Adapter Card.|
- 32-bit emulation software (CD ROM).
- Twinax T-Connector.
- Quick Installation & User Guide (on CD).