Printek FormsPro 4600 Series Printers (4600 4603)
90729 Compatible (New)
The FormsPro 4600 Series printers can solve your toughest printing problems and automate most paper-handling functions.
Wide CarriageWith the FormsPro Series, you'll print with greater legibility and unsurpassed reliability.The FormsPro 4600 Series features:
- A draft speed up to 530 cps, which prints a typical 1,000-character document in less than five seconds. That's over 700 documents per hour!
- Auto-switching power supply can work domestically and internationally, and it weighs less!
- FP4600 has single set of tractors while the FP4603 has our patented Tri-Trak system that allows for three different set of tractors to be loaded!
- Superior legibility- even on 9-part forms. Auto-Gap feature adjusts the printhead according to form thickness.
- Easy-load, tilt-up top to simplify loading, and straight-up paper path eliminates the problem of forms buckling and jamming.
- A paper jam sensor to permit reliable, unattended operation.
- Optical sensor prevents printhead from printing beyond the edges of the loaded form.
Ability to print 9-part forms. FormsPro printers have 30% higher impact force than other brands, making them the preferred choice for situations where thick forms and multi-part legibility are an issue. The increased readability helps to increase the accuracy and efficiency of your staff in accounting and operations.
Certain Printek models (FormsPro 4603) have our patented Tri-Trak system. This is the only paper-feeding system on the market that allows three different continuous forms to be loaded into one printer. This feature saves a great deal of unproductive time spent loading and unloading forms and also saves space and computer ports.
FormsPro Detailed Printer Specifications
- Fast Draft: 530 cps
- Draft: 400 cps
- Fast Draft/High Impact: 250 cps
- High Impact: 200 cps
- Letter Quality: 100 cps
- Optical Quality: 65 cps
- Graphics: 15,360 dps*
- Fast Draft: 9 x 9 cell
- Draft: 12 x 9 cell
- Letter Quality: 24 x 18 cell
- Optical Quality: 36 x 18 cell
- 18-wire parallel array
- Fast Draft, Draft, and Letter Quality for Epson? - and IBM? Proprinter
- Optical Quality for OCR-A and OCR-B
- 5, 6, 6.7, 7.5, 8.4, 8.6, 10, 12, 13.3, 15, 16.7, 17.1, and 20 cpi
- 13.6 inches (34.5 cm)
- 6 and 8 lpi
- Tear Bar: Auto-Scroll allows zero tear-off distance
- Auto-Gap: Adjusts printhead to form thickness
- Paper Type: Fanfold, continuous forms, edge-punched, 15-lb. minimum weight for single-part paper
- Sensing: Paper motion and paper out
- Normal Operating Mode: Online, Form Feed/Load, Form Select/Unload, and Vertical Print Adjustment
- Nonvolatile memory for ten forms, each supporting settings for tractor path, cpi, lpi, form length, left and right margins, top and bottom margins, unidirectional printing, slashed or non-slashed zero, language, font, high-impact on/off
- LEDs for Power, Online, and Fault
- 2 x 16 LCD for form selection, on/off line status, and error descriptions
- Cartridge: Nylon fabric, Möbius loop, 23 million characters
- Voltage: 100 to 250 VAC ?10%
- Frequency: 50 to 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 60W nonprinting, 225W printing
Paper Slew Rate
- 12 ips, with slower rates user-selectable for difficult forms
- 2.5" to 15" (6.4 cm to 38.1 cm)
- Straight path, bottom-loading
- 1 to 9 parts
- 0.025" max. thickness
- 60 to 240 dpi horizontally x 72 dpi vertically*
Audible Noise (Draft Mode)
- 62 dBA
Setup (Automatic Methods)
- Control panel, pluggable cloning module, or remote via Windows program
- Parallel: Centronics-compatible
- Serial: RS232, 300 to 19,200 baud
- Wireless 802.11b/g
- Emulation choice of Printek, Epson FX, IBM Proprinter, DEC LA120/LA210, Genicom ANSI, or Basic Bar Codes (Includes Code 39, 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5. More available through Genicom emulation)
- H x W x D: 9.5" x 25" x 20.3" (24 cm x 63.5 cm x 51.5 cm)
- Weight: 43 lbs. (19.5 kg)
- 10,000 hours on electronics, with 100% duty cycle
- Printhead Life: 500 million characters
- Warranty: One-year printer warranty, two-year limited printhead warranty when Printek brand ribbons are used; one-year warranty when non-Printek brand ribbons are used