UDS1100 / UDS1100-PoE
External Device Servers
- Network virtually any device in minutes
- Access, monitor and control equipment over Ethernet
- Replace dedicated PCs and/or modem lines with fast and reliable Ethernet networking
- Configure quickly and easily via HTTP, DHCP, Telnet, serial or Lantronix DeviceInstaller utility
- Supports RS232, RS422 and RS485 communications
- Environmentally-friendly RoHS and WEEE compliant
- Small enough to place almost anywhere
- Features TruPort Com port control technology (also see UDS2100)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) model available
Remotely Monitor, Manage and Share Equipment Over the Net
Device networking is what powers M2M (machine to machine) communication. The UDS family of external device servers enables users to connect, manage and control just about any piece of equipment with a serial port from virtually anywhere over Ethernet or the Internet.
With the UDS1100, virtually any piece of equipment can be added to an Ethernet network in a matter of minutes! This single-port external device server is a quick, simple and inexpensive way to bring the advantages of remote management to equipment not currently connected to a network.
Extending Serial Communications Across the Globe
Our approach to network-enabling devices is transparent to your attached equipment and software so you won't need to change the way you work. Using a method called serial tunneling, the UDS1100 encapsulates serial data into packets and transports it over Ethernet. Serial tunneling can be done in two ways:
- Using Lantronix supplied Com Port Redirector software, Windows device applications not designed for network communications are re-directed to communicate to devices connected to the UDS1100.
- Connecting two UDS1100 device servers configured to automatically talk to each other over the network creates virtual serial connections that can extend serial communications across a facility or around the world.
The built-in web server enables users to access and configure the UDS1100 from a standard web browser.
Web pages enabling the UDS1100 to be customized for unique applications can be built using Lantronix development tools. On-board Flash memory provides room for future system software upgrades and maintenance-free, non-volatile web page storage.
Easy to Set Up and Use
The UDS1100 can be set up locally through its serial port, or remotely using Telnet or a web browser. The included DeviceInstaller Windows-based configuration software simplifies setup and provides an easy way to:
- Assign IP & other network specific addresses
- Load custom web pages
- Enable web-based configuration of the device server
- Ping or query the attached device(s) over the network
- View specific device data files
- Upgrade firmware
In modem emulation mode, the UDS is used to replace dial-up modems. The unit accepts modem AT commands on the serial port. It then establishes a network connection to the end device, leveraging network connections and bandwidth to eliminate dedicated modems and phone lines. The PoE version enables you to also take advantage of network connectivity in areas without power outlets.
Total Com Port Control with TruPort Technology
Built into the included Com Port Redirector software, TruPort technology enables Windows-based applications to access and control serial ports on the UDS1100 as if they were actually local PC serial ports. The application can monitor and set hardware pins on the UDS1100 serial ports as well as access serial buffers for total Com port control. This allows existing applications to seamlessly transition from controlling local devices to true remote monitoring and control of devices around the world.
US domestic power 120 VAC power supplyRoHS
|UD1100002-01||UDS1100device server, 100-240 VAC International power supply with regional adaptersRoHS|
|For a board-level version of this product, see the UDS1100-B.|
|500-163||DB25M to DB9F serial cable|
|ACDIN1001-01||Optional DIN-rail mount|
|500-171-R||DB25M to RS485 and 9-30 VDC power input screw terminal adapter|
Features & Specifications
|Interface||Software-selectable RS232, RS422 or RS485 (2 and 4 wire support)|
|Connectors||1 DB25F DCE serial port|
|Data Rates||Software-selectable baud rate from 300 to 230 KBaud|
|Serial Line Format|
|Characters||7 or 8 data bits|
|Parity||odd, even, none|
|Stop Bits||1 or 2|
|Control Signals||CTS/RTS (Hardware)|
|Flow Control||XON/XOFF (Software)|
|Interface||10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet port|
|Standards||ARP, UDP, TCP, ICMP, Telnet, TFTP, AutoIP, DHCP, HTTP, SNMP TCP, UDP, and Telnet, TFTP|
|CPU||Lantronix DSTNI-EX 48 MHz clock|
|Memory||256 KB zero wait state SRAM, 2 MB Flash|
|Operating||0 to 60 C (32 to 140 F)|
|Storage||-40 to 85 C (-40 to 185 F)|
|Material||Metal enclosure with integrated wall mounts; optional 35 mm DIN-rail mount available|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||9.0 x 6.4 x 2.3 cm (3.5 x 2.5 x 0.9 in)|
|Weight||0.20 kg (0.45 lb)|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||35.5 x 17.1 x 7.6 cm (14 x 6.75 x 3 in)|
|Weight||1.5 kg (3.0 lbs)|
|Serial Port||15 kV ESD protection on RS232 and RS422/485 transceivers|
|Power Input||Up to non-repeated 600 W 10/100 usec pulse protection against transient over voltages|
|Ethernet Port||1500 VAC isolation shielded with shield connected to chassis ground for signal integrity and ESD protection|