Xi4 High-Performance Printers
LEGENDARY RUGGED DURABILITY, PRINT QUALITY AND LONGEVITY
Zebra’s built-to-last Xi™ series printers are renowned for their incredible durability, consistently outstanding print quality, fast print
speed, long life and unparalleled reliability in demanding applications. These qualities translate into low total cost of ownership —
making them a smart investment for organizations with high-volume, mission-critical or specialty labeling applications.
Zebra OneCare Services
Increase printer uptime, and reduce lost productivity and unbudgeted repair costs, by selecting a Zebra® OneCare™ service agreement. A cost-effective means of planning and budgeting your annual maintenance expenditures, your agreement ensures that trained Zebra technicians will bring your printer back to factory specifications.
Zebra offers a variety of plans to fit your budget and business needs.
Genuine Zebra Supplies
Ensure consistent print quality, reduce downtime and increase productivity in your printing process with Genuine Zebra™ supplies. We manufacture each supplies product with the exact same materials every time so you always get crisp, readable and scannable output without needing to adjust the printer darkness setting between rolls.
Simplify Global RFID Printer/Encoder Deployment
Organizations with multinational supply chains can easily deploy the same R110Xi4 printer/encoder model in multiple countries through Zebra’s global certification process.
Built to Perform. Day In and Day Out. Year After Year.
Zebra’s Xi4™ printers are loaded with features and options that make them easy to set up, integrate and operate.
Easy to Integrate
Xi4 printers build on this legacy to boost your operational productivity and give you enhanced early warning systems for reduced downtime.
Other performance features include a large, easy-to-read front panel for simple setup with optional customizable menu and support for a wider assortment of languages.
Integration is easier with a variety of network connectivity options, while ZebraLink™ Solutions provide remote printer management capabilities.
Strong Return on Your Investment
Zebra’s Xi4 printers give you reliable performance over the long run to minimize maintenance needs and total cost of ownership. With one printer model and Zebra’s wide range of label materials and sizes, you
can address a variety of printing applications, reducing the need to purchase different printers for every specific labeling application.
The wireless connectivity option frees you from paying for recabling with every physical reconfiguration of your operations.
Flexible for Specialty Labeling Applications
For small label applications—such as labeling small containers, electronics and jewelry—you need a printer that delivers extremely high resolution with crisp text, clear barcodes and precise registration, time after time.
Zebra’s 110Xi4 offers 600 dpi print resolution and consistent registration.
With support for labels as small as 1/8” (3 mm), the RFID-ready 110Xi4 provides you with the flexibility, quality and precision you need to get the job done.
• Handles everything from paper to specialty label and tag stocks.
• Easily changes over from one label media to the next.
• Delivers consistently outstanding print quality on the widest range of media thicknesses.
• Offers optional UHF RFID encoding of the very smallest labels.
Productivity That Won’t Quit
Drive down operations downtime with the all-metal Xi4 printers’ rugged dependability and premium performance.
Xi4 printers easily keep pace with your high-volume production line.
• Xi4 models with 14”/356 mm-per-second print speeds provide one of the fastest technologies on the market, improving productivity in batch printing and print-and-apply lines.
• Fast processing and throughput raise productivity.
• Powerful memory stores more label formats, fonts and graphics.
• Durable metal printhead mechanism delivers outstanding print quality over the long run, reducing or eliminating downtime for printhead replacement.
For mission-critical and 24/7 operations, every minute down means money out the window. Turn up your uptime with Xi4 printers.
• The long-proven Xi series platform is designed and built to work nonstop, all day, every day.
• Quickly identify and resolve printer issues with early warning systems that indicate when to service the printhead and change ribbons / media with remote printer management / monitoring.
Industrial-strength Xi4 printers withstand the most demanding operating environments.
• Rugged, heavy-gauge steel housing and metal interior components brush off bangs and bumps.
• Enclosed operating mechanisms block out debilitating dust and dirt.
• Printers operate trouble-free in a wide range of temperatures and humidity levels.
Printer Setup Made Simple
Printer setup and configuration is now click-simple.
• Easy-to-follow wizards quickly guide you through configuration.
• Fast changes — whether you are adding a new printer, moving an existing printer to a new location or adding new capabilities.
Using the “Mirror” feature, Xi4 printers can leverage your existing server infrastructure to automatically retrieve user-defined configurations, including files, formats, graphics and firmware.
Design and create customized menus.
• Menus can now contain just the items you define.
• Store multiple profiles on the printer and switch between them as needed.
• Contact Zebra’s Development Services group for assistance.
Monitor supply levels proactively.
• New supplies monitoring feature works in real time.
• Printer alerts users when ribbon and media levels are running low, before they run out.
Zebra’s Enterprise Connector Solution
Streamline your printing process.
• Print barcode labels directly from Oracle’s BI Publisher.
• Easy to implement and manage.
ZebraNet™ Bridge Enterprise
Deploy, manage and monitor your Xi4 printers from a single PC screen anywhere on your global network — all from a user-friendly Windows® interface.
• Print methods: Thermal transfer or direct thermal
• Full-function front panel and large, multilingual, back-lit LCD display with user-programmable password protection
• Clear media side door allows easy monitoring of supplies usage without opening the printer systems
• 32 bit 133 Mhz RISC processor
• 64 MB on-board linear Flash memory
• 16 MB SDRAM Flash memory
• Internal real-time clock
• Advanced label/media counters
• Dual media sensors — transmissive and reflective, selectable through software or front panel
• Auto calibration when printer is turned on or when printhead is closed using approximately two labels
• Early warning systems provide low label, low ribbon and clean printhead alerts via the front panel and ZebraLink alerts
• Thin film printhead with E 3 ™ Element Energy™ Equalizer for superior print quality
• Communications: USB 2.0, RS-232 Serial, and bi-directional Parallel port with auto detect
• Internal ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (Ethernet)
• ENERY STAR® qualified (140Xi4, 170Xi4, 220Xi4)
Resolution 203 dpi/8 dots per mm
300 dpi/12 dots per mm
600 dpi/23.5 dots per mm (110Xi4 only)
Memory 64 MB Flash; 16 MB RAM
Maximum Print Width
110Xi4: 4.0”/102 mm
140Xi4: 5.04”/128 mm
170Xi4: 6.6”/168 mm
220Xi4: 8.5”/216 mm
Maximum Print Speed
14”/355.6 mm per second (203 dpi)
12”/304.8 mm per second (300 dpi)
6”/152.4 mm per second (600 dpi)
14”/355.6 mm per second (203 dpi)
12”/304.8 mm per second (203 dip)
8”/203.2 mm per second (300 dpi)
10”/254 mm per second (203 dpi)
6”/152.4 mm per second (300 dpi)
Media Sensors Transmissive and reflective
Media Width 110Xi4: 0.79”(20mm) to 4.5” (114 mm)
140Xi4: 1.57” (40 mm) to 5.51” (140 mm)
170Xi4: 2.0” (51 mm) to 7.1” (180 mm)
220Xi4: 4.25” (108 mm) to 8.8” (224 mm)
Maximum Media Roll Size
8.0” (203 mm) outside diameter on a 3” (76 mm) inside diameter core
Thickness 0.003"/0.076 mm to 0.012"/0.305 mm
Media Types Continuous, die-cut gap, black mark, notch or holeMinimum Non-Continuous Label
0.25"/6 mm (Rewind mode)
0.5"/13 mm (Peel mode)
0.7"/18 mm (Tear-off mode)
1.5"/38 mm (Cutter mode)
RIBBON CHARACTERISTICS (Thermal-transfer option only)
Outside Diameter 3.2"/81.3 mm
Standard Length 1476'/450 Ft 984'/300 M
Width 110Xi4: 0.79” (20 mm) to 4.33” (110 mm)
140Xi4: 1.57” (40 mm) to 5.1” (130 mm)
170Xi4: 2.0” (51 mm) to 6.7” (170 mm)
220Xi4: 4.25” (108 mm) to 8.6” (220 mm)
Core I.D. 1.0”/25.4 mm
Environmental Operating Temperature: 40°F to 105°F/5°C to 40°C
• Thermal transfer: 40°F to 105°F/5°C to 40°C
• Direct thermal: 32°F to 105°F/0°C to 40°C
Operating Humidity: 20% to 85% non-condensing
Storage/Transportation Temperature: -40°F to 140°F/ -40°C to 60°C
Storage Humidity: 5% to 85% non-condensing
Electrical 90-264VAC; 48-62Hz
ENERGY STAR qualified (140Xi4, 170Xi4, 220Xi4)
Agency Approvals IEC 60950-1, EN 55022 Class B, EN 55024, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3
Product Markings: cTUVus, CE, FCC-B, ICES-003, VCCI, C-Tick, NOM, S-Mark(Arg), CCC, GOST-R, BSMI, KCC, STB, and UkrSEPRO
110Xi4 Height: 15.5” / 393.7 mm
Width: 10.31” / 261.9 mm
Depth: 20.38” / 517.5 mm
Weight: 50 lbs. / 22.7 kg
140Xi4 Height: 15.5” / 393.7 mm
Width: 11.31” / 287.3 mm
Depth: 20.38” / 517.5 mm
Weight: 55 lbs. / 25.0 kg
170Xi4 Height: 15.5” / 393.7 mm
Width: 13.31” / 338.1 mm
Depth: 20.38” / 517.5 mm
Weight: 67 lbs. / 30.5 kg
220Xi4 Height: 15.5” / 393.7 mm
Width: 15.81” / 401.6 mm
Depth: 20.38” / 517.5 mm
Weight: 72 lbs. / 32.7 kg
Zebra Setup Utilities — A Windows application to quickly set up and configure your Zebra printer.
ZebraDesigner™ — Simple Windows WYSIWYG label design application with basic features.
ZebraDesigner Pro — Simple Windows WYSIWYG label design application offering more advanced features for more complex label designs.
ZBI-Developer™ — Programming utility makes it dramatically easier for programmers to create and test complex ZBI 2.0™ programs and distribute them to the printer (standard with ZBI 2.0).
ZebraNet™ Bridge Enterprise — Centrally manage Zebra printers from a single PC screen anywhere on your global network.
ZebraNet Utilities v7.0 — Provides enhanced printing, conversion and administration capabilities; message management; and more.
Zebra Enterprise Connector — Print labels directly from Oracle’s BI Publisher with the Enterprise Connector and Zebra printers.
ZDesigner Windows Driver — Zebra’s powerful Microsoft certified Windows driver.
Connect and control Zebra barcode printers using ZPL II via the printer’s web interface using common web browsers.
Printers equipped with ZebraNet print servers will notify you via any email-enabled wired, or wireless device to minimize downtime.
ZBI 2.0 — Optional powerful programming language that lets printers run stand-alone applications, connect to peripherals, and much more.
ZPL® & ZPL II® — Zebra Programming Language provides sophisticated label formatting and printer control and is compatible with all Zebra printers.
Linear Barcodes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128 with subsets A/B/C and UCC Case C Codes, ISBT-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC and EAN 2-or 5-digit extensions, Plessey, Postnet, Standard 2-of-5, Industrial 2-of-5, Interleaved 2-of-5, Logmars, MSI, Codabar and Planet Code2D Barcodes: Codablock, PDF417, Code 49, DataMatrix, MaxiCode, QR Code, TLC 39, GS1 DataBar (RSS), Aztec
FONTS AND GRAPHICS
Unicode™-compliant Global Printing
Bitmap fonts A through H and GS symbols are expandable up to 10 times, height and width independent
Smooth scalable font Ø (CG Triumvirate™ Bold Condensed*) is expandable dot-by-dot, height and width independent
IBM® Code Page 850 International Characters
Supports user-defined fonts and graphics — including custom logos
61 MB user-available non-volatile memory storage for downloadable objects
12 MB user-available SDRAM
*Contains UFST® from Agfa Monotype Corporation
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
Clear media side bi-fold door–allows shorter media door opening radius
Full-width rotary knife cutter and catch tray–operates under software control cutting labels individually or in strips
Media rewind spindle–rewinds finished roll internally onto 3” (76 mm) core or enables label peel and liner rewind
Applicator interface – provides status and control signals for applicators and remote control devices
Media supply spindle for 3” (76mm) core or 40mm core
For optimum print quality and printer performance, use Genuine Zebra supplies.
Specifications subject to change without notice.