Agile Ultra II
The ULTRA II is the next generation of 3270 printer connectivity, combining all the power and speed of AGILE's protocol converters with XES to PCL translation, all in one box.
This unit attaches to any IBM mainframe with a 3174, 3274 or 3276 controller via an RG62 A/U coax input port, and supports printer with an IEEE 1284C-compliant parallel interface.
Using its seamless XES to PCL translation option, which AGILE pioneered, the ULTRA II lets you migrate to new PCL printers without having to change anything in your existing XES data streams. Emulation of Xerox diagnostics is also provided for reliable troubleshooting, should you need it.
The ULTRA II features 512K FLASH memory for storage of resources, such as fonts in both portrait and landscape modes.
Configuration of the ULTRA II is easily handled through parallel input port. The simple, one-button front panel allows you to select from 15 operation modes.
You can also replace other AGILE products, such as the Ultra, Ally and Ally Plus models, with the ULTRA II, without having to reconfigure your data streams.
- Connects PCL network laser printers directly to coax mainframe
- Optional XES to PCL translation
- Supports forms, vector and raster graphics
- Edge-to-edge printing
- Programmable on-line
- Fully configurable
- Any PCL 5 monochrome laser printer
- 1 coax input port IBM BNC type A RG62 A/U coax
- 1 IEEE 1284C parallel input port
- 45 pages per minute (Non-XES mode)
- 512K FLASH
- 256K FLASH (Optional)
- 256K RAM
- IBM 35h
- Xerox 36h
- 2-trigger pseudo transparency
- Trigger+count byte pseudo transparency
- Firmware upgradeable via parallel input port
- DisplayWrite 370
- XES to PCL
- Titan10iso (simulated)
- Titan12iso (simulated)
- XCP14iso (simulated)
- Font Rotation feature allows single-orientation XES font to be stored in both landscape and portrait versions
- Supports international character sets and user-specified translation tables
- Data stream-downloadable XES fonts
- Up to 45 ppm
- XES fonts and forms can be installed and stored in ULTRA II's non-volatile memory
- Fonts are desixelized and compressed, yielding a 2:1 storage space advantage
- FCC, CE