AXIS 7000 Network Document Server V.3
Versatile document management over IP networks.
AXIS 7000 Network Document Server enables users to simultaneously scan and send digitized documents over the network to e-mail addresses, file servers, printers, URLs and the Web.
Easy to install and use, AXIS 7000 provides a faster, cheaper and safer method of distributing documents than by fax, traditional mail or courier.
AXIS 7000 also supports XML programming that enables information and documents to be inputted directly into databases and other document management applications.
* Connects a broad range of high performance scanner devices, such as HP, Epson, Canon and Fujitsu, to an IP network.
* Supports standard image formats such as PDF, TIFF, JPEG and PCL.
* Supports XML for easy integration with applications such as document archiving, management and databases.
* Sends documents to e-mail addresses, file servers, printers, URLs or the Web.
* Sends delivery confirmations via e-mail
* Supports up to A3, 11" x 17"
-- SPECIFICATIONS -----------------------------------
HARDWARE - CPU: 32-bit RISC processor (ETRAX 100LX)
Flash memory: 2 MB, RAM: 16 MB
User storage: 64 KB
INTERFACE - SCSI-2, 50-pin female micro-D connector
SUPPORTED IMAGE FILE FORMATS
- Adobe PDF 1.2: The created PDF file contains uncompressed or compressed bit images in CCITT G.3/G.4 PackBits (4 bit) or JPEG (24 bit) formats.
- TIFF 6.0: CCITT G.3 and G.4 for bilevel images, PackBits (4 bit) for grayscale images; both single- and multi-page TIFF are supported.
- JPEG File Interchange Format (JFIF): for single-page color (24 bit) or grayscale (8 bit) images.
- PCL 5, TIFF 4.0 and PackBits for black/white images.
- Alphanumeric LCD display with 2 rows of 16 characters.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish text available.
- 4 multi-color LEDs signaling Status, Busy, Network and Power.
- 7 keys for Menu, Up, Down, Select, Send, Add page and Cancel.
- Menu functionality for selecting Destination, Profile, Paper Size and Double-sided.
- Multiple destinations selection possible
- Optional: PC keyboard for easy search, ad-hoc entering of e-mail addresses and shortcuts to menu options. US, UK, German, Danish, Finish, Norwegian, Spanish, French and Swedish keyboard layouts.
File naming capability
Any system supporting TCP/IP and optionally:
- HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) client (Web browser)
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server
WEB BROWSERS SUPPORTED-
Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and higher
Other compatible browsers
SUPPORTED TRANSFER METHODS-
Send-to-File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
Send-to-Web browser (HTTP)
Send-to-URL (SMTP and FTP)
Send-to-Print (LPD, Raw TCP/IP)
DEVICES- Supports Office and production scanners and digital copiers from:Sharp, Canon, HP, Oce, Fujitsu, Ricoh, Epson and others.
Set IP-address via user interface or optional keyboard or via DHCP, BOOTP, RARP or ARP.
E-mail addresses can also be automatically retrieved from themail server via LDAP.
PROTOCOLS- Supports HTTP, IP, FTP, SMTP, TCP, LPD, Raw TCP/IP, ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, ICMP, SNMP, UDP, LDAP, NTP, WINS, SMB.
MAIL SERVERS- Supports Microsoft Exchange, Sendmail, Lotus Notes, Novell, Groupwise, Compatible SMTP mail servers.
Lotus cc:Mail 8.2, Domino
Novell GroupWise 5.2, 5.5
PAPER SIZE- Executive, Letter, Legal, Ledger, A5, A4, A3, B5, B4, Photo and Business Card.
PROFILES- Ten pre-defined profiles: Text, Text low/high, Text/Photo, Text PDF, Gray low/high, Color low/high and Color PDF.
SNMP MIB II
Token Ring attachment via AXIS TR Bridge
SECURITY- Administrators log-in for configuration and administration.
Possible to set a default destination or single destination for fixed application use.
Optional Windows NT/2000 or LDAP user authentication if keyboard is installed.
E-mail delivery confirmation via MDN or DSN.
OPTIONAL KEYBOARD ATTACHMENT-
APPROVALS- EMC : FCC Part 15 Subpart B, Class A
CE : EN 55022 1998 Class B, EN 55024 1998
VCCI: Class B
Safety: EN 60950
POWER- 5.1 V, 2A, via external power unit (PS-H)(Revision 03)