Brother MFC-EX470W Color Laser Printer
Enterprise Color Laser Printer for Mid to Large Sized Workgroups
- Simplex / duplex printing up to 42 pages per minute‡
- 15,000-page black / 12,000-page color cartridges included‡
- 3.5" color touchscreen display
SUPPLIES & ACCESSORIES (21)TN810BK Standard-yield Toner, Black, Yields Approx. 9,000 pages‡
TN810C Standard-yield Toner, Cyan, Yields Approx. 6,500 pages‡
TN810M Standard-yield Toner, Magenta, Yields Approx. 6,500 pages‡
TN810Y Standard-yield Toner, Yellow, Yields Approx. 6,500 pages‡
TN810XLBK High-yield Toner, Black, Yields Approx. 12,000 pages‡
TN810XLC High-yield Toner, Cyan, Yields Approx. 9,000 pages‡
TN810XLY High-yield Toner, Yellow, Yields Approx. 9,000 pages‡
TN810XLM High-yield Toner, Magenta, Yields Approx. 9,000 pages‡
TNE80BK Super High-yield Toner, Black, Yields Approx. 15,000 pages‡
TNE80Y Super High-yield Toner, Yellow, Yields Approx. 12,000 pages‡
TNE80M Super High-yield Toner, Magenta, Yields Approx. 12,000 pages‡
TNE80C Super High-yield Toner, Cyan, Yields Approx. 12,000 pages‡
DR810CL Drum Unit, Yields approx. 100,000 pages‡
WT800CL Waste toner box yields approximately 100,000 pages‡
LT330CL Optional Lower Paper Tray (250 sheet capacity)
LT340CL Optional Lower Paper Tray (500 sheet capacity)
TC4100 Optional Tower Tray Connector
TT4000 Optional Tower Tray with Stabilizer 520-sheet capacity‡ x 4 trays
CB1010 15.7" Printer Cabinet/Stand
MX4000 Optional 4-Bin Mailbox/Sorter/Stacker
About the Product
The Brother Workhorse HL‐EX470W Enterprise Color Laser Printer is designed for how work now works – providing enterprise‐level performance, advanced security features, and bold color output in a compact footprint that is ideal for mid to large‐sized workgroups. This high performance printer helps to increase productivity with fast print speeds up to 42ppm‡. Offers built‐in value with included super high‐yield toner cartridges and a low total cost of ownership by using Brother Genuine TNE80 super high‐yield replacement toner cartridges. Triple Layer Security features help to limit document and device access and protect against network intrusions. Offers a large standard paper capacity that is scalable as your business needs grow. The HL‐EX470W also offers flexible connectivity with Gigabit Ethernet and dual band (2.4GHz / 5GHz) wireless networking, plus convenient printing from mobile devices‡.
- Fast business color printing. Delivers the fastest color laser print speeds ever from Brother – up to 42ppm‡ in both simplex and duplex to help increase workgroup productivity.
- Create professional business documents. Features the boldest laser color output ever from Brother with vivid color and sharp black output for the professional results your reports, brochures, presentations, and other important business documents require.
- Lifetime value. Offers built‐in value with included Brother Genuine super high‐yield toner cartridges for 15,000 pages black and 12,000 pages each color‡. Delivers the lowest laser color cost per page ever from Brother by using the Brother Genuine TNE80 super high‐yield replacement toner cartridges.
- Advanced security features. Equipped with Triple Layer Security features to help safeguard your network, keep your devices secure, and protect documents in transit to and from print devices. Includes an integrated NFC card reader for easy badge authentication, as well as Secure Print+ for job release and a USB memory stick to store secure print jobs. The HL-EX470W passed the strict security testing protocol of Keypoint Intelligence and earned the Buyers Lab (BLI) Security Validation Testing seal for device penetration to ensure further protection against vulnerabilities in the device firmware / OS, ports, print protocols, embedded web page, connectivity avenues, and other areas.
- Scalable paper handling. Spend less time refilling paper trays with the 520‐sheet capacity paper tray and 100‐sheet capacity multipurpose tray‡. For additional capacity and to turn the printer into a floor‐standing configuration, a tower tray with stabilizer option includes four 520‐sheet trays for a total input capacity of 2,700 sheets‡.
- Large, expandable output capacity. Includes 250‐sheet capacity output‡, plus stapler finisher or mailbox / sorter / stacker options for workgroups that need additional capabilities.
- Flexible connectivity. Features built‐in Gigabit Ethernet and dual band (2.4GHz / 5GHz) wireless networking to seamlessly set up and share on your wired or wireless network. Easily print from a wide variety of mobile devices‡.
- Easy to set up and use. User friendly design allows for easy replacement of paper and toner.3.5” color touchscreen display offers seamless menu navigation and the ability to print directly from popular business cloud services‡.
- Device management solutions. Equipped with device management solutions to enable mass distribution of device configurations, security settings, firmware updates, and task automation.
- Eco‐friendly features. ENERGY STAR® certified and EPEAT® Silver rated. Reduce paper costs with default duplex printing. Eco Mode helps to reduce power consumption, while Toner Save Mode helps to reduce toner use.
- At your side support. One‐year limited warranty with free online, live chat, or phone support for the life of your product.
|Brother Cloud Apps‡||Cloud Secure Print|
|Industry-Specific Certifications||Citrix Ready|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||AirPrint®, Brother Mobile Connect, Mopria™ , Wi-Fi Direct®|
|One-Push Wireless Setup||Wi-Fi Protected Setup™|
|Operating Systems Compatibility‡||Compatible with Windows, Mac®, and Linux. Visit support.brother.com for the latest OS compatibility and to download your machine’s drivers and software.|
|Standard Interface(s)||Gigabit Ethernet, Dual Band Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz), 802.11 a/n (5GHz), Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Standard Network Features‡||Printing, Secure Function Lock, Secure Print|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||Web Services, APIPA (Auto IP), ARP, BOOTP, CIFS Client, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, DHCP, DNS Resolver, FTP Server, HTTP/HTTPS Server, ICMP, IPP/IPPS, LDAP, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, mDNS, RARP, SMTP Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, SNTP Client, TELNET Server, TFTP Client and Server, WINS/NetBIOS Name Resolution|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv6)||Web Services, NDP, RA, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR Responder, LPR/LPD, Custom Raw Port/Port 9100, IPP/IPPS, SMTP Client, FTP Server, CIFS Client, TELNET Server, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP/HTTPS Server, TFTP Client and Server, ICMPv6, SNTP Client, LDAP|
|USB Host Location(s)||Front: Print from USB memory stick or external card reader‡, Back: Print storage with USB memory stick; external card reader‡|
|System Requirements||Download System Requirements †|
|Carton Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||21.900 " x 24.700 " x 24.900 "|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||75.800|
|Unit Dimensions (W" x D" x H")||17.4" x 21.3" x 15.8"|
|Unit Weight (lbs)||64.6|
|LCD Display||3.5” Color Touchscreen|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle‡||Up to 150,000 pages|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume‡||Up to 15,000 pages|
|Standard Memory (MB)||1024|
|Toner Save Mode||Yes|
|Duplex Printing Capability||Yes|
|Media Type||Plain, Glossy Paper‡, Envelopes (#10), Bond, Labels, Recycled Paper, Colored Paper, Letterhead|
|Multi-purpose Tray Capacity‡ (sheets)||100|
|Optional Output Paper Capacity‡ (sheets)||500 sheets with stapler/finisher option (SF-4000). 1,050 sheets with mailbox/stacker/sorter option (MX-4000).|
|Optional Paper Capacity‡||LT-330CL (250 sheets x3) or LT-340CL (500 sheets x2) or TT-4000 and TC-4100 (Tower Tray with Stabilizer and Connector, includes 520 sheets x 4)|
|Output Paper Capacity (sheets)||250|
|Paper Handling Size - Multi-Purpose Tray||Envelope, Custom Sizes (3.0-8.5" (w), 5.0-14” (l)), Envelope (Com-10), Envelope (C5), Envelope (DL), Envelope (Monarch)|
|Paper Handling Size - Paper Tray||Letter, Legal, Executive, A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Folio (8" x 13")|
|Recommended Paper Brands||Avery Laser Label #5160, Hammermill Laser Paper 24 lb., NewPage Futura Laser Gloss 80 lb. Text/32 lb. Bond, Xerox 4200DP 20 lb.|
|Sheet Weight - Multi-Purpose Tray (Min/Max)||16-61 lbs. (bond)|
|Sheet Weight - Paper Tray (Min/Max)||16-61 lbs. (bond)|
|Standard Paper Input Capacity‡ (sheets)||520|
|ENERGY STAR® Certified||Yes|
|Machine Noise (Ready/Printing)||Inaudible / 56.5dB|
|Operating Environment: Humidity||20-80% (w/out condensation)|
|Operating Environment: Temperature||50-90 degrees F|
|Power Consumption - Power Off/Deep Sleep/Sleep/Ready/Printing||0.02W / 1W / 18.4W / 90W / 790W|
|Power Source||110-120 V AC 50 / 60 Hz|
|Automatic Duplex Printing||Yes (default)|
|Black Print Speed ‡ (max. ppm)||42|
|Cloud Services‡ (Print)||GOOGLE DRIVE™/GOOGLE DRIVE for Business, ONENOTE, BOX/BOX for Business, SharePoint Online, EVERNOTE®/EVERNOTE Business, ONEDRIVE/ONEDRIVE for Business, DROPBOX/DROPBOX for Business|
|Color Duplex Print Speed (ppm)||Up to 42 ppm|
|Color Print Speed ‡ (max. ppm)||42|
|Consumable Type||4 Toner Cartridges and Drum|
|CPU (Processor) Speed (MHz)||800|
|Emulation(s)||BR-Script3‡, PCL5c, PCL5e, PCL6 (PCL XL Class 3.0), PDF Version 1.7, XPS Version 1.0|
|Print Resolution (max. dpi)||2400 x 600 dpi class|
|Print Technology||Color Laser|
|Printer Driver Compatibility‡||Windows, macOS®, Linux|
|Security Functions||Integrated NFC Card Reader, Setting Lock, Active Directory (LDAP), NFC Card Reader, Enterprise Security (802.1x), IPSec, LDAP, External Card Reader Compatibility, TLS/SSL, IP Filter, Syslog Reporting, Secure BIOS, Password Intelligence, Secure Function Lock, Lock Slot, Secure Print|
|Security Protocols (Wired)||SMTP-AUTH, SNMP v3, Kerberos, IPSec, SSL/TLS (IPPS, HTTPS, SMTP), 802.1x (EAP-MD5, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS)|
|Security Protocols (Wireless)||SMTP-AUTH, SNMP v3, 802.1x (LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS), Kerberos, IPSec, SSL/TLS (IPPS, HTTPS, SMTP)|
|Wireless Network Security||WEP 64/128 bit, WPA/PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)|
|Carton Contents‡||(1) Super High-yield Toner Cartridges (15,000 pages black / 12,000 pages color‡), (1) DR810CL Drum Unit (100,000 pages‡), (1) Belt Unit (150,000 pages‡), (1) Waste Toner Box (100,000 pages‡), USB memory stick, AC Power Cord, Quick Setup Guide|