Datamax-O Neil Performance Series
|Datamax Thermal Barcode Printers|
Intelligent Industrial Thermal Printers
The Datamax-O'Neil Performance Series is a new, innovative family of printers that was designed to resolve a number of issues customers have been having with thermal printers for many years. The result is a printer family that is the easiest to load, easiest to uses and easiest to integrate of any thermal printers available anywhere. The Performance Series printers offer superior print quality, auto-load capabilities, user-friendly color touchscreen, unparalleled print registration and an industry standard printer language, PCL. PCL is standardized to run on a variety of operating systems, so it is independent of any application software running on a computer. This ensures faster and easier plug-play integration, getting your printer systems up and running sooner. Within the Performance Series is a printer with a near-edge printhead that allows printing on synthetics, tags, self-adhesives and plastics.
The Performance Series printers are ideal for customers that are conscious of their total cost of ownership and realize that value is more than the price of the product, but extends through the entire life cycle of the printer.
- Direct thermal, thermal transfer (optional)
- 0.25" - 36" (6.35mm - 915mm) printer length range
- 4.16in (105.7mm), 4.27" (108.5mm), maximum print width
- 300 dpi (11.8 dpmm), 600 dpi (23.6 dpmm) optional resolution
- 6ips (152mmps), 10ips (254mmps) maximum print speed
Get the Most for Your Investment
The Performance Series Printers Feature:
- Easy ERP integration - a benefit that derives from a true PCL5 thermal barcode printer. Middleware applications are no longer necessary within printer networks. All Performance printers are approved through the SAP Printer Vendor Program.
- Media auto-loading and calibration to give printer operators freedom from complex and time consuming media setup.
- Laser and Inket printer users can realize the benefits of a ruggedized thermal barcode printer and reduce operating costs with seamless integration of a true PCL5 device.
- PCL5e standard language allows users to spend less time setting up printers and offers virtually endless application choices.
- Graphic color touchscreen display with an intuitive menu flow making the user interface and navigation seamless.
- Near Edge Printhead allows full use of the label giving customers the ability to design and code barcodes that support detailed information. The flexible multimedia printing allows labels to be printed on synthetics, tags, self-adhesives and plastics.
- Standard 300 dpi printhead with each Performance Series printer allows users to now benefit from a higher resolution printhead with better text, images and barcodes at a 203 dpi printhead price.
- Die cast frame and metal covers designed specifically for harsh work environments.
- 50 resident scalable fonts is the new standard in thermal barcode printing. No longer restricted to a limited font selection, users can create custom labels on-demand.
Performance Series Benefits Include:
- Non-Proprietary PLC5 - The Performance Series offers PLC, a globally adopted standard/laser compatible printer language that allows easy integration into SAP and other network environments.
- Most Advanced Interface - The industry's most intuitive color touchscreen makes set up and performance enhancements as simple as 1-2-3. The printer provides front panel print quality adjustments, auto media calibration and loading as well as ribbon tensioning controls.
- Options Galore!The Performance Series printers are available with numerous options to meet the most diverse requirements. Some of the options include internal rewinder, peeler and cutter, USB host, GP 1/0, 802.11 b/g, audio alarm and locking cover.
- Lowest Cost of Ownership - The Performance Series is available at a lower cost than comparable industrial printers and its durable design ensure years of reliable performance. The printer offers standard features that are typically options for competing printers. The Performance Series offers the best value proposition for high performance industrial printers.
Expand Your Capabilities
Performance Series printers are offered with a wide variety of options and accessories to meet the needs of many industrial applications. A complete list of options and accessories are available on the partner center. The most commonly used options are listed below:
A printing method that uses ribbon to produce exceptional image clarity, as compared to most direct thermal media types. The smart ribbon controller design allows for tension control using two DC motors. This option can be used with either coated-side-in or coated-side-out ribbons.
An output control device that allows subsequent printing to occur only after the removal of a previously printed label.
The external rewinder (up to 4.5" wide and 8" OD roll) is used for rewinding labels onto a roll as they are printed. This allows for batch printing large continuous rolls of labels or tags and distributed for use.
|Peel & Present|
An internally "overdriven" design for heavy duty requirements using aggressive adhesive or polyester type media. Minimum label length is 1.5 inches (38 mm).
Plug-and -play: attach the cutter and it is auto detected during power up. The rotary style mechanism is capable of cutting media from 0.0025" to 0.0100" (0.0635mm - 0.254mm) thick, and has a minimum lifespan of 500,000 cuts.
A heavy-duty label rewind option to tightly rewind a partial 5.5" roll of labels and backing onto a 3" diameter core.
Internal LAN (Ethernet) Port
|GPIO Option (applicator card)|
The GPIO signals provide the Applicator (external device) the ability to control the printer using TTL logic.
The Wireless LAN Option has the same benefits as the LAN port with the additional benefit of not requiring a wired connection which allows for mobility and eliminates investing in network wiring expansion.
|One USB Host Port|
Connect and host input devices like scanners, keyboards, and memory sticks. This allows the printer to be used in a standalone application eliminating the need for a computer.
Empower Your Printing SolutionDatamax-O'Neil printer solutions offer easy software setup, navigation and customization for personal requirements. Combined with advanced printer features Datamax-O'Neil minimize human intervention and automates many of the tasks usually required by operators and technicians.
The Configuration Utility is a Windows based software application that allows easy access and setup of the Performance Series printers. It can be used with any communication port available on your printer and allows you to store settings to be applied to a different printer. This is ideal when you are replacing or adding printers to your application.
|Upgrade Utility Tool|
The Upgrade Utility Tool is a Windows based software application that allows easy upgrade and setup of the Performance Series printers. It can be used with any communication port available on your printer.
The Performance Series printers have drivers for use on the latest Windows operating systems. The drivers allow the user to view and change printer settings from any Windows software application, simplifying the print process. Windows drivers are available on the CD included with the printer or can be downloaded at www.datamax-oneil.com.
Performance Series printers are SAP certified allowing easy integration into SAP environments. The SAP drivers ensure printing requirements are met with the highest standards available.
The translation Utility Tool allows for creating language translations for the display menu. (including Asian Languages)
Prolong Your Investment
When you choose Datamax-O'Neil printer supplies for your Performance Series printers, you receive our proven commitment to superior quality that results in maximum performance. The world's most reliable printers deserve the world's most reliable supplies.
Datamax-O'Neil's broad offering of thermal transfer ribbons, Thermal Transfer, Direct Thermal labels, tickets, and tags for the Performance Series and Workstation Series, deliver the results you need and the performance you expect. Our superior quality thermal transfer ribbons provide outstanding print quality, as well. Thermal Transfer ribbons come in a variety of formulas to fit any application, from wax, wax, resin and resin ribbons for the p1115, p1115s, p1125, p1725 and p1120n Near Edge printer.
Our supplies are carefully tested and certified by our engineers for use in Datamax-O'Neil printers. This ensures that you will enjoy maximum performance from your printer and optimal compatibility with your particular application.
Industry Solutions for You
Performance Printers can be used in a wide variety of industrial applications with a range of media compatibility, connectivity, Emulation support, and options. The Performance Series Printers are a perfect solution for industrial manufacturing, transportation & logistics, food & beverage, and pharmaceutical applications.
Manufacturers use Performance Series printers for applications throughout their product lines for heavy duty 24x7 mission critical applications. These printers are used for many applications including Asset tracking, work-in-progress labels, agency labels, and instruction labels to name a few.
|Transportation and Logistics|
The transportation and logistics industries use barcode labels in their distribution and warehousing facilities primarily for labeling shipments with critical shipping information. Because every shipment is different, the label printer must be able to handle the high demand with continually changing data. The Performance Series printers are the ideal printers for the requirements in applications such as cross docking, shipping labels, pallet tracking, and in sorting centers.
|Food and Beverage|
Meat packing and food processing industries use bar code printers 24 hours and 7 days a week. Typical applications are to print high resolution labels, expiration dates, time stamps, product identification, and shipping labels. Many applications require wash down applications where the whole printer is placed inside a custom stainless steel cabinet.
Pharmacies use the Performance Series printers to print prescription labels. The labels containing critical information for the patient are adhered to the outside of the pill bottle or box of medication. Printing this information rather than hand writing avoids errors and misinterpretation which can lead to serious consequences. Most widely used applications include compliance labels, track & trace, and pick lists.