Genicom 4490XT Shuttle Matrix Line Printer
GENICOM 4490XT 1400LPM Line Printer
Fully refurbished with 90-day warranty
Retired, no longer available: Contact for alternatives
- Shuttle matrix line printer with a unique, patented, shuttle mechanism that is warranted for the life of the printer.
- Fast, quiet performance - 1400 lines per minute at 55 dBa.
- Proven reliability for heavy duty cycle operation.
- Stores up to 10 forms settings.
- USPS-certified POSTNET bar coding cuts mailing cost.
- High resolution graphics, including P300/P600 and bar codes.
- QMS Magnum 4000 option available.
- Flexible connectivity: dual interface.
- Proprinter and Epson emulations.
- Money-saving, user-replaceable, print modules.
- No preventive maintenance.
- "On-the-fly" paper positioning.
- High-volume data processing
- Report generation, mail processing
- Industrial graphics, bar codes, labels
- Office networks
- Quality multipart forms
- Fast and simple forms setup method.
- On-the-fly paper positioning.
- Unique "See 'n Set" forms adjustment.
- Forms format storage of up to 10 forms.
- Enhanced operator control panel.
- Automatic paper saver.
- Paper shelf with stacking guides.
- Power on/print timers.
Printer Keeps On Printing
The exclusive Sure-Fire printing feature utilizes a dual-tier print module. Even if one tier fails, printing can continue without loss of print quality. There is no downtime, and most importantly, your printer can complete the job on time.
The advanced resonant shuttle printing mechanism is free of the moving parts that break down in other line printers . . . and it's warranted for life.
Printer Saves You Money. Operator-replaceable print modules and maintenance-free operation add up to big savings.
Specs: Genicom 4490XT Speeds In lines per minute, uc = uppercase; lc = lowercase
- Draft @ 8 lpi (uc) 1400 lpm
- DP @ 6 lpi (uc) 1100 lpm
- DP @ 6 lpi (uc/lc) 900 lpm
- Corr. @ 6 lpi (uc) 600 lpm
- NLQ @ 6 lpi (uc) 300 lpm
- NLQ @ 6 lpi (uc/lc) 250 lpm /li>
Print Modes: Bold, proportional print, superscript/subscript, underlinePrint Control of the Genicom 4490XT Printer
- Vertical Format Unit: 12/24 channel
- Top of Form: Lengths to 22" (559 mm)
- Bottom of Form: Auto. perf. skip-over
- Horizontal Tabs: 22 - 28 positions
- Vertical Tabs: 12 - 64 positions
- R/L Margin Set: Any position
- Vertical Position: Absolute or relative
- Paper-out sensor
- Line feed to slew conversion
- Type: Nylon fabric
- Standard: 125 million draft characters
- Optional: 50 million draft characters (regular and infrared ribbons)
- Resolution (H x V): 60 - 210 x 72/144
- Formats: P Series - P300/P600; ANSI X3.64; Proprinter III XL; line drawing graphics; plot graphics
- Dual Drive: Two sets of 6-pin tractors with bottom load paper path
- Paper Width: 3 to 16.54 inches (76 to 420 mm)
- Number of Copies: Original plus five
- Paper Slew: 10/20 ips
- Line Feed: 12.5 msec at 6 lpi
- Paper storage in pedestal (standard)
- Print line view function
- Parallel: CENTRONICS (500K char./sec. data transfer rate), Dataproducts short line
- Serial: EIA/TIA-232 (RS-232), up to 76.8K baud, 8K character serial buffer
- Optional: Dataproducts long line
- MTBF: 6,000 hours
- MTTR: 30 minutes
- Size (HxWxD): 48 x 29 x 25 inches (1219 x 737 x 635 mm)
- Weight: 320 lbs. (145 Kg)
- Sound Pressure Level: 55 dBa
- Voltage: Switchable from 120 to 240 VAC 10% - 15%, 49 - 65 Hz
- Power: 1300 watts (4433 BTU/hr)
- Temperature: 39 to 104 F (4 to 40 C)
- Humidity: 15% to 90% noncondensing
- Magnum 4000 graphics controller
- Paper motion detector
- Additional character sets
- Connectivity for major networks