Genicom microLaser 400
ML400 Designed for Large Departments.
- Up to 40 ppm is generated by multi-tasking technology to serve busy workgroups.
- Powerful processing gets jobs done on time even on complex networks.
- Quality originals at 300 or 600 dpi.
- High-speed production is practical and cost-effective.
- Multiple original copy printing.
- Three standard 500-sheet input trays can handle up to 11" x 17" pages. Standard output is 500 sheets.
- Optional 3000-sheet input feeder.
- Duplexer for two-sided printing.
- Automatic jam recovery reprints jammed pages.
- Printer-based electronic collation supported.
- Real-time management utilities allow administrators to remotely configure the printer and check its usage and accounting statistics.
- Easy-to-use consumables.
- Ethernet and parallel interfaces standard.
- Multiple emulations.
- Automatic emulation and protocol switching.
- Large, busy departments
- Sustained and peak workgroup production
- Office paper, transparencies, labels
- Electrophotographic recording with semiconductor laser
- 40 ppm (letter/A4)
- 21 ppm (ledger/A3)
- 300 x 300 dpi and 600 x 600 dpi
- Up to 300,000 prints/month
- Printer comes with starter kit including toner, drum, transfer unit, developer, blower brush, ozone filter, 120V fuser, and AC cable
- Toner and developer are packed in easy-to-use bottles
- Photoconductor drum, pick-up rollers, and fuser are user-replaceable
- Toner saver mode
Paper Sizes Supported:
- Letter, legal, ledger, executive, A3, A4, A5
- Three 500-sheet trays adjustable to any supported paper size
- 3000-sheet large capacity input feeder for letter/A4-size sheets; 500-sheet custom paper tray for B4(ISO), B4(JIS), B5(ISO), B5(JIS), and standard paper sizes
- 500-sheet face-down tray
- 3000-sheet large capacity offset output stacker (face-up or face-down)
- Office paper, approved transparancy material, approved laser-quality labels
- 17 to 36 lbs (64 to 105 g/m2) through cassettes; 17 to 24 lbs (64 to 90 g/m2) through the large capacity input feeder
- PostScript� Level 2, HP PCL� 5e, HP-GL� line printer
- 42 PostScript typefaces with multilingual character sets
- TrueTypes fonts supported under PostScript
- 51 resident PCL fonts
- 49 HP-GL symbol sets
- Ethernet (10BaseT and coax)
- Bidirectional IEEE 1284 parallel: Supports Microsoft� �Plug and Play�
- Simultaneous Interface Operation (SIO) - enables all of the printer�s interfaces to receive data simultaneously
- SCSI port available for connecting external hard drives
- Token Ring
- RS-232 serial
- Coax and twinax SCS, and IPDS
- 100 MHz NEC VR4300 RISC with multitasking technology
- 32 MB expandable to 128 MB
- High capacity internal hard drive for job spooling, resident fonts, expanded virtual memory, and forms storage
- Optional external hard drive for downloadable typefaces and emulations
- 40.6 x 23 x 25.2 in. (1030 x 585 x 640 mm)
- 40.6 x 50.5 x 25.2 in. (1030 x 1282 x 640 mm)
- 287 lbs (130 kg)
- 108 to 132 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- 220 to 254 VAC, 50 Hz
- 1300 watts maximum
- Printing: 52 dBa
- Standby: 38 dBa
- Operating: 50� to 91� F (10� to 32.5� C)
- Nonoperating: 32� to 95� F (0� to 35� C)
- Operating: 20% to 80% RH
- Nonoperating: 10% to 95% RH
- External hard drive
- Alert Box - audio/visual alarm signal for "out of paper" and "offline" conditions
Security Key - password protection for operator control and administration menus.