HP LaserJet 5N
HP LaserJet 5N Printer
10Base-T network-ready printing that's affordable and easy
The HP LaserJet 5N printer gives small workgroups in Ethernet 10Base-T environments affordable shared printing that's productive and easy to use. With easier operation, enhanced performance, versatile paper handling and more ways to expand and connect to the network, the HP LaserJet 5N printer lets you pack a lot of printing into your budget.
The HP LaserJet 5N printer builds on the proven performance of the HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer, with enhancements that make shared printing more productive and manageable. An improved control panel and updated software give you or your workgroup easier printing. And HP has developed a number of hardware and software performance enhancements, including HP PCL 6, an improved printer language for noticeably faster output, especially with complex documents.
- Ready to share with others
- Network-ready for Ethernet 10Base-T environments with standard HP JetDirect print server
- Novell NDPS capability with latest version of Novell NetWare
- Industry-standard parallel, serial and wireless infrared ports
- Easier to manage and use
- HP FontSmart to easily manage more than 100 fonts
- HP JetAdmin software for local print-job management and remote network printer installation, configuration and management
- Intuitive control panel with new "Go" and "Job Cancel" buttons
- Easier-to-read scrolling display
- Numbered paper trays and paper-level indicators
- A valuable -- and value-conscious -- addition to the network
- HP's most affordable network-ready solution for 10Base-T environments
- Optional paper-handling accessories, including duplex printing and additional paper capacity
- Dependable 35,000-page month duty cycle
- Uses the same toner cartridge as HP LaserJet 4 Plus printer
- HP warranty, reliability, service and support
- Enhanced performance for faster output
- Accelerated Printing technologies, a suite of hardware and software improvements, for faster performance
- New HP PCL 6 language with faster complex page printing and return-to-application is compatible with past and future HP LaserJet printers - 33-Mhz processor is 32% faster than its predecessor
- Hardware-assisted scaling, halftoning and compression of graphic images
New bi-directional port transfers data twice as fast
|Print Speed, Black
|35-MHz Intel 80960JF RISC
|REt and microfine toner
|Print Languages, Std.
|HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e
|Print Languages, Opt.
|Adobe PostScript Level 2
|Automatic Language Switching
|Paper Trays, Std.
|Paper Trays, Max.
|Input Capacity, Std.
|Input Capacity, Max.
|Envelope Input, Std.
|Envelope Input, Max.
|Letter, legal, A4, A5, and executive
|Plain paper, envelopes, transparencies, and labels
|45 TrueType plus 65 on Windows disk
|2 high-speed, IEEE 1284-compliant parallel; serial, infrared, and 1 MIO slot; 5N
|HP JetDirect internal print servers
|Automatic I/O Switching
|Automatic Network Switching
|Yes, with optional HP JetDirect internal print servers
|17 x 16 in