Lexmark 4036-306 Optraimage 3200 MFP Scanner
The 3200 MFP Option provides up to 23 ppm scanning at up to 600 x 600 dpi optical resolution in color or black and white for Letter or A4 paper sizes with a 50-sheet ADF. It provides network scanning, copying and faxing capabilities for the T630, T632 or T634 printers.
The Lexmark X3200 MFP option is also compatible with the optional Lexmark Document Solutions Suite. This suite offers solutions that can work together to offer powerful, flexible implementation of electronic forms creation and merge, document capture and electronic distribution, on-demand document retrieval and printing functionality. Robust routing, indexing and archiving capabilities are also available and can be achieved with one-touch simplicity and accuracy. What's more, using the robust network scanning capabilities of this multifunction system in conjunction with Kofax Image Products' revolutionary new Ascent Ricochet software, your people can capture, review, index and insert document images into your EDMS or workflow environment faster, better and more economically than traditional scanning measures.
Easy to Use
The 3200 MFP option has an easy-to-use, intuitive user interface, consistent across the Lexmark Multifunction Option product line. By upgrading your existing Lexmark T series printer with the 3200 MFP option, you can now scan, fax and email documents from the MFP. Consolidated supplies for print, copy and fax also means fewer user interventions. An integrated workflow process saves time and reduces errors.
Lexmark MFP options protect your printer investment by providing an affordable upgrade to copy, fax and network scan functionality--allowing your solution to grow as your business grows. Consolidating supplies for print, copy and fax simplifies stock management and reduces costs. The flash memory allows administrators to upgrade the Lexmark MFP option firmware when new MFP features are introduced.
Packaged Size (" - H x W x D) 18.19 x 22.28 x 26.69
Packaged Weight (lbs) 31 lbs.
Size (" - H x W x D) 7.5 x 22.4 x 16.9
Weight (lbs) 15.4 lbs.
Scan Area, Maximum 8.5 x 14 inches
Modem Speed 33.6 Kbps
Reduce / Enlarge Range 50 - 200 %
Minimum Memory Required 32 MB
Scan Noise Level, Operating 50 dBA
Copy/Fax/Scan (ADF) Paper Input Capacity : Up to 50 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
Scanning Resolution 600 X 600 dpi
Simplex Scan Speed (A4/Ltr, Black): Up to 23 Sides per minute
Simplex Scan Speed (A4/Ltr, Color): Up to 14 Sides per minute
The 4036-306 is a Multifunction Printer (MFP) Option for Lexmark's successful T63x family of workgroup printers and multifunction solutions. This option adds scan, copy, fax, and e-mail capability and is customer-installable with your current T630, T632, and T634 workgroup printers.
The 4036-306 MPF Option is a multifunction printer option with up to 23 Images-Per-Minute (IPM)(1) monochrome and up to 14 IPM color simplex scanning for T630, T632, and T634 printers, 50-sheet simplex Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), multiple destination support such as workstation, FTP, and e-mail attachment support, resolution of up to 600 x 600 dpi, file format support including TIFF, JPG, PDF and Poscript level 2, scanner password protect, operator panel lock, scan once print many, reduction and enlargement capabilities, duplex output capability, 33.6 Kbps fax modem, and language support.
Note: (1) Exact scan speed varies depending on the document attributes, system configuration, and user selected settings.
Multifunction Printer (MFP) Options for the popular T63x family of workgroup printers offer performance enhancements. These MFP Options will complement the Infoprint 1000 workgroup printers and include the capability to:
- Scan once and print many
- Perform electronic routing
- Scan to workstation and ftp
- Fax and e-mail scanned documents
- Use a walk-up fax or fax from workstation
These multifunction options offer additional capability for the T63x family of workgroup printers.
This option provides multifunction capability for the T630, T632, and T634 printers. The printer must have the following:
- One network slot available
- At least 32 MB of memory -- Additional memory or hard drive features can increase performance or capabilities for copy, fax, scan, or print functions depending on the number of pages, page complexity and operations selected (for example; collate or high resolution scan).
- Network access to SMTP e-mail gateway server for e-mail function -- Network access must be done via the included 10/100BaseTX Ethernet network print server card.
- An active analog telephone line or network access to a fax server is required for the fax function.
- A customer-provided table, MFP shelf feature or MFP furniture feature is required. Furniture may restrict or preclude some input or output options due to physical limitations.
The scanner/ADF unit and a MarkNet N2601e 10/100BaseTX Ethernet network print server card are included in the Option. The print server also contains an integrated fax modem and IEEE 1394 connection for scanner communications.
The print server installs in the printer and uses one expansion slot. This print server offers the same Ethernet connection support as the printer's 10/100BaseTX Ethernet print server card (Refer to Printer Sales Manual for connection support.) The print server's resident Web page allows a browser to remotely view and manage the MFP Option.
The does not support the decryption option available on the printers.
MFP capabilities include:
- A 23 IPM monochrome at 75 dpi text, 14 IPM color at 75 dpi mixed (letter/A4 size media) flatbed scanner with up to 50-sheet duplex single pass Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and operator panel
- Scan function includes:
- Multiple destination support such as workstation, FTP, e-mail attachment, and Web site
- Resolution up to 600 x 600 dpi
- File format support includes TIFF, JPG, PDF, and PostScript level 2
- Scanner password protect and operator panel lock
- Copy function includes:
- Scan once print many and duplex output
- Reduction/Enlargement from 50% to 200%
- The includes a 33.6 Kbps fax modem. Fax function includes:
- Send and receive fax
- Group fax
- Send fax from workstation
- Fax confirmation sheet
The maximum monthly usage is 10,000 scans.
Model Summary Matrix
Monochrome Color Scanning Fax/e-mail Maximum Monthly
Model Scanning Scanning Mode Scanning Usage Rate
----- ---------- -------- -------- ---------- ---------------
4036-306 23 IPM(1) 14 IPM Simplex Yes 10,000 Scans
Note: (1) IPM = Impressions-per-minute.
- Scanner Type is Flatbed Scanner with duplex Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Scan Method is Charged-Coupled Device (CCD)
- Light Source is Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp (CCFL)
- Number of light sources is two
- Optical Resolution is 600 x 600 dpi maximum
- Scan Area is Max. A4/Letter
- Optical Resolution is Max. 600 x 600 dpi
- Document Capacity 50 Sheets 20 lb. (75 gsm) bond
- Media Weight 16 - 32 lb (60 - 120 gsm)
- Scan Speed:
- 23 IPM at 75 dpi text monochrome
- 14 IPM at 75 dpi mixed color
- Document Capacity 25 Sheets
- Paper feed is face down (single side)
The following chart shows the MFP copy performance installed with T632.
Text Mode 10.0 sec.
Note: TTFC = Time To First Copy.
The MFP Option complies with the global standard for Information Technology Equipment, i.e. IEC 60950, and its country equivalents in the markets we serve. The following sections highlight the approvals and certifications that the MFP MFP Options and scanner are expected to receive.
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. UL 1950, Third Edition, Information Technology Equipment
- FCC Class B (base and network models) per FCC Rules, Parts 2 and 15, FCC Part 68
- Canadian Standards Association CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-95, Third Edition, Safety of Information Technology
- Industry Canada (EMC) Compliance Statement
- Pending - Official Mexican State Agency approval & import registration to equipment standard NOM-018-SCFI-1993 Safety of Data Processing Equipment, and NOM 151 Provisional Telecom Approval
- IEC 320, International Standard Electrical Appliance Connectors
- Industry Canada Telephony Requirement CS03
- International Electrotechnical Commission IEC 60950 3rd Edition, Information Technology Equipment 1999
- CB Certificate and Test Report to read as follows: A sample of the product was tested and found to be in conformity with IEC 60950 3rd Edition with National Deviations AT, AU, BE, CH, CN, CZ, DE, DK, EN, FI, FR, GR, HU, IE, IL, IS, IT, KR, NL, NO, PL, RU, SE, SI, SG, SK, UA, YU and ZA. IEC 60825 shall be included for laser products.
- European Union @ CE marking via EU Declaration of Conformity to the EMC (89/336/EEC) and low voltage (73/23/EEC) Directives and R&TTE 1995/5/EC directives (It is also compliant with the telecommunication standard: ETSI & TBR 21 for use with the PSTN equipment though out the EU, which is permitted by Council Directive 1999/5/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council relating to Radio & Telecommunications Terminal Equipment.)
- TUV "GS"
- SMA "A-tick mark" (Telecom/EMC)
- SEMKO "S" mark (Power adapter unit)
- Pending: Israel Telecommunications Type Approval for Analog PSTN equipment.
- Australian Declaration of Conformity to AS/NZS 3548 for EMC, AS/ACIF S002:2001 for Analogue PSTN , ACA TS001 and AS/NZS 3260 for Product Safety
- Homologation in countries where required
The MFP Option is compatible with the following Fax Server software:
- Captaris: RightFax Enterprise Server v7.0, v8.0, and v8.5
- OmTool: Fax Sr. Enterprise
- Biscom: FAXCOM
- Equisys: Zetafax
Width Depth Height Weight
--------- --------- --------- ----------
Scanner 570 mm 430 mm 190 mm 7.0 kg
Unit (22.4 in) (16.9 in) (7.5 in) (15.4 lb)
Left Right Front Back Top
------- ------ ------- ------- -------
Scanner 406 mm 51 mm 508 mm 305 mm 305 mm
Unit (16 in) (2 in) (20 in) (12 in) (12 in)
- Temperature: 15.6C to 32.2C (60F to 90F)
- Relative Humidity: 20% to 80%
- Altitude: 0 to 2,500 meters (8,200 feet)
- Temperature: -40.0C to 60.0C (-40F to 140F)
- Relative Humidity: 10% to 90%
- Altitude: 0 to 2,500 meters (8,200 feet)
- 100 - 240 V ac at 50/60 Hz full range
Power Consumption & Thermal Output
- 4036-306 Maximum Current While Scanning:
- 110 Volts: 0.6 A rms
- 220 Volts: 0.4 A rms
All measurements were made in accordance with ISO 7779 and reported in conformance with ISO 9296.
Declared A-weighted Sound Power Level WAD (1 Bel = 10dB)
- Idle: 5.2 Bels
- Printing: 6.8 Bels
- Copying: 6.9 Bels
- Fax/Scan: 6.4 Bels