Rosetta SP 3400SF & 3410SF Printer
SP 3400SF/3410SF MICR at a Glance
- Up to 30 Pages per Minute
- - Features Scanning, Copying, Faxing and MICR Printing
- Standard Ethernet/USB Connectivity
- - Ability to Restrict Users' Functionality
- 366 MHz Processing Speed
- - Simplex and Duplex Versions Available
The SP 3400SF and SP 3410SF multi-function MICR printers give businesses and financial institutions the ability to consolidate their scanning, faxing and copying equipment in branch and office environments, similar to more commonly available standard MFPs, but with the added functionality of printing checks and other MICR documents. Device consolidation can free counter and desk space where room is often limited, and also reduce service calls and contract fees.
The SP 3400SF is a simplex printer, while the SP 3410SF offers duplex printing. The printers offer the same valuable features as Rosetta's other Intelligent MICR - printers including optional paper tray locks, an online dashboard that provides enterprise-wide oversight of a printer fleet, originally manufactured MICR toner and secure MICR fonts. For those concerned with security, the printers allow administrators to pre-designate permitted functionality by user, which can limit the more sensitive activities to approved users.
Access & Control Features
- - Remote Oversight: In distributed print environments, this feature allows administrators to quickly and easily get a glimpse into the status of the printer, identify current firmware versions, and access page counts.
- - Event Based Alerts: This feature is easily configured to notify users or administrators of numerous types of events. Each printer status item can be emailed, including empty toner, paper misfeeds, out of paper, and more.
Quality Assurance Features
- - E-13B Font: This font was created specifically for the SP 3400SF/3410SF MICR printer. The printer- specific font ensures the highest achievable readability of MICR characters.
- - CMC7 Font: This font was designed specifically for use with Rosetta Technologies' MICR printers to produce the highest achievable readability of MICR characters.
- - Low-toner Warning: This warning will sense the amount of MICR toner remaining, and then warn the user when levels become low.
- - Original-Manufactured MICR toner Cartridge: Toner formulation and cartridge design specific to the SP 3400SF/3410SF MICR printer engine, ensures high print quality, excellent toner yield, and long fuser life.
- - Optimized Fusing & transfer Voltage: This feature will automatically manage the fusing temperature and transfer voltage to eliminate high-speed reader/sorter issues with MICR checks.
- - MICR Quality Guarantee: Rosetta Technologies ensures the readability performance of the SP 3400SF/3410SF MICR printer when used in conjunction with approved MICR toner and check stock.
- - User Function Restrictions: Allows administrators to limit approved functions for up to 20 users.
- - Secure Amount Font: This unique font is very difficult to alter because of a special background and very small text & numeric print embedded in the amount line of the check.
- - Secure Payee Font: This unique font appears in alpha and numeric characters on the payee line of a check. It is very difficult to alter because of a special background and very small text.
The Industry's First Affordable Multi-Function MICR Printer
SP 3400SF/3410SF MICR MFP
CPU ARM11 366 MHz
Interface USB 2.0, 100Base-TX/10Base-T Ethernet
RAM 128 MB (standard and maximum)
PDL PCL 6, PS3 (emulation)
Fonts PCL/PS3: 80 fonts
Network Protocols TCP/IP, IPP
Operating Systems Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/ Vista/Server 2008; Windows 7; Mac OS X 10.2.8 - 10.6;
Citrix Presentation Server, Ricoh UNIX Filter*
Resolution 600 x 600 dpi, 1200 x 600 dpi
Printer Features Locked Print (PCL 6), Collate, Layout (N-up), Front Cover Sheet, Letterhead Mode, Mirror
Image Print (PS3), Rotate Print, Reverse Order Print (PS3)
Software Utilities Web Image Monitor (When connected to LAN)
Resident Fonts PCL/PS 3: 80 fonts
MICR Fonts (Supplied on CD) E-13B, CMC7, Secure Amount, Secure Payee
Duty Cycle 50,000 Pages per Month
Recommended Print Volume 700-3,300 Pages per Month
MICR toner Yield 5,000 Pages
MICR toner Starter 2,500 Pages
MICR toner Starter Cartridge is Included.
Technology Laser beam scanning, electrophotographic printing using dry mono-component toner development
Maximum Resolution 600 x 600 dpi, 1200 x 600 dpi equivalent
Reading Element Flatbed scanner with full-color CCD array image-sensor
Dimensions (WxDxH) 16.5" x 15.6" x 17.4" (420 x 397 x 442 mm)
Weight Less than 39.7 pounds
Printing/Copy Speed 30 pages-per-minute (Letter)
Standard Input Capacity tray 1: 250-Sheet Trays
Bypass tray: 50 Sheets
Optional Input Capacity 250 Sheets, Paper Feed Unit
Maximum Input Capacity 550 Sheets
Duplex Standard (SP 3410SF)
Paper Weights 16 - 28 lb. Bond
Input Paper Sizes Paper tray: 8.5"x11" to 8.5"x14"; A4, B5, A5, B6, A6, HLT, Executive, Foolscap, Folio
Custom Size: 3.94"x5.83" to 8.5"x14.02"
Bypass tray: 8.5"x11" to 8.5"x14"; A4, B5, A5, B6, A6, HLT, Executive, Foolscap, Folio
Custom Size: 3.54"x5.51" to 8.5"x14.02"
Optional Paper Feed Unit: 8.5"x11" to 8.5"x14"
Standard & Bypass tray: 16 - 30 lb. Bond/90 lb. Index (60 - 105 g/m2)
Optional Paper Feed Unit: 16 - 28 lb. Bond (60 - 105 g/m2)
When Duplexing: 16 - 28 lb. Bond (60 - 105 g/m2)
Power Requirements 120V, 60Hz
MICR Quality Guarantee
Guaranteed ANSI, ABA & Canadian Payments Association | Acceptance Standards If Using Rosetta Technologies' Approved
Check Stock, Supplies, MICR Fonts & Authorized Service.
Warranty: Advance Exchange | Warranty Upgrades: Express Exchange, 5x9 Next Business Day | Support: 7x24 Phone Support
First Copy Speed:
Platen: 12 seconds/ADF: 11 seconds
ADF: 600 x 300 dpi; Flatbed: 600 x 600 dpi
600 x 600 dpi
1 - 99
ADF: Width: 5.5" - 8.5";
Length: 5.5" - 14"
Platen: Up to 8.5" x 11"
SP 3410SF only, through the ADF*
Reproduction/Zoom Ratios 50%, 65%, 78%, 93%, 129%, 155%, 200%, 400%;
ADF (Custom): 25 - 400%
Combine Copy, ID Card Copy, Photo Mode, Electronic Sorting, Image Quality Mode (Text/Photo/Mixed), Memory Copy
*Only when the originals are simplex.
CCD array image-sensor
Scanner: 1200 x1200 dpi;
Driver: Max. 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated)
ADF & Platen: Black & white, grayscale, color
Max. Original Size
Platen: Width up to 8.5",
length up to 11.69";
ADF: Width up to 8.5",
length up to 14"
USB 2.0, 10/100Base-TX
ADF, Twain via NW and USB, WIA, Scan-to-
Email, Scan-to-Folder, Scanto- FTP and Scan-to-
PageManager 8 Professional
200 x 100 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi
Maximum Print Width
MH, MR, MMR
Less than 5 seconds (200 dpi)
Maximum Scan Width
Approx. 3 seconds*
20 One-Touch Dials, 50 Speed Dials, Direct Fax
Number Entry, Auto Redial, Clock, PC/LAN Fax
(transmission only), Broadcasting (100 stations),
Auto Answer, Immediate/Memory Transmission,
Auto/Manual/ Substitute Reception, Error
Correction Mode, Smoothing
*ITU No. 1 chart, Compression: MMR, Resolution: Standard speed: 33.6 kbps
The information and specifications contained in this document are approximate and subject to change without notice. This publication is for general guidance only. Product configurations in photographs may contain separately priced options. All Rights Reserved. 2/10.