Silex NX-1 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN Network Analyzer
802.11a/b/g/n WLAN Network Analyzer
NX-1 is a high performance dual band wireless LAN network analyzer for SMB and Enterprise environments with 802.11a/b/g/n support. NX-1 provides an easy to understand simple menu that can be used even by those who are not familiar with specialized wireless LAN knowledge.
- Dual-band support: 2.4GHz, 5GHz
- Site Survey using Radio Wave Strength, Transfer Rate, Noise Level, and Heat Map
- Remote Monitoring using Intrusion Monitoring, Unauthorized AP Detection, Transfer Rate Anomaly, Alert Notification
- Packet Acquisition/Survey for Troubleshooting/Development.
- No PC Required. Can be operated in Autonomous Remote Monitoring Mode
- 4 Built-In Functions
- WLAN Environment Survey -- Scan Channels and Report Details about Radio Frames
- Spectrum Analyzer -- Plot the received RF characteristics on a visual graph.
- WLAN Network Observation -- Measure RF Environment for a specified period of time.
- Frame Capture (WLAN Protocol Sniffer) -- Capture WLAN frames in a specified WLAN channel and view them in Wireshark.
The NX-1 collects radio wave characteristic data for Wireless LAN as well as non-WLAN transmissions. This data is then presented in an easy to understand visual form. The visual information and all the data output can be easily printed. It can be easily monitored and operated remotely over the network. Packet Acquisition/Survey can be performed to troubleshoot the network using Number of Terminals (APs/STAs), Transfer Rate, Retransmission Count, Packet Loss Rate, Channel Utilization, and AP Information (SSID, BSSID, Wireless Standards, Security Settings, Channel Widths). Data Analysis Functions and Visualization to Web Page allow any User to Intuitively Grasp their WLAN Network Characteristics.
WLAN Environment Survey -- Effective in channel design and when installing access points (APs) in a netowrk.
- Sequentially scan the specified channel, measure the radio wave state in the vicinity of the wireless LAN.
- The measurement results are displayed in a graph with a simple analysis function.
- Frequency / by channel bandwidth utilization
- Radio frame status state
- Normal frame / error frame / retransmission frame
- Device Information
- Radio wave intensity of each device
Spectrum Analyzer -- Analyze 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
- Analyze and Visually Plot the received radio wave components.
- Spectrogram display -- Display the variation in signal strength over time in each frequency band
- Spectral density -- Display the distribution of radio field intensity per unit time at each frequency band
Supports interference avoidance functionality which may be caused by WiFi equipment as well as interference by non-WLAN equipment.
WLAN Network Observation -- Measure RF Environment for a specified period of time.
- Data is collected and stored to an attached USB storage device.
- WLAN performance and fluctuations over time can be graphically/visually plotted and observed.
- Useful in research and investigation of problems in the WLAN environment before installing your WLAN equipment.
Frame Capture (WLAN Protocol Sniffer) -- Capture WLAN frames in a specified WLAN channel and view them in Wireshark.
- Captured data can be Analyzed using Wireshark.
- Multiple file storage options (e.g. overwrite, split) and data storage filters are available
Outputting Analysis Results -- Choose from Print Layouts in each mode
- Use the wired LAN port to remotely monitor the operation and analyze results from a remote location
- Quickly carry out situational awareness of issues in the network
Product Name: NX-1-US
Network Interface: RJ-45 x 1 Port (10/100/1000Base-T (Auto-recognition))
Wireless LAN Specification: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Monitor Mode
Device Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (Type-A) x 1 Port (500mA supply current)
Number of Push Buttons: 2. 1) Factory Default Setting 2) Control Switch
- Storage: -10°C to +50°C
- Operational: 0°C to +40°
- Storage: 20% ~ 90% (non-condensing)
- Operational: 20% ~ 80% (non-condensing)
Dimensions: 155mm (W) x 120mm (D) x 32mm (H) (Excluding rubber feet)
Maximum Power Consumption: 2.76 Watts DC 12V 0.23A (Excluding USB Bus Power)
Configuration Setting Method: Web Browser Interface (Google Chrome 42.0 or later, (you will need to disable the Compatibility View feature) or Internet Explorer 11 or later)
Included Items: Main unit, AC adapter, AC cord, Rubber Feet (four), GPL contact sheet, Warranty Card