StarTech NETRS232 1 Port RS232 Serial to IP Ethernet Device Server
1-Port Serial-to-IP Ethernet Device Server - RS232 - DIN Rail Mountable
For more control options, the device server is compatible with the free, StarTech.com NETRSAPP. When coupled with the NETRS232, this handy application for iOS, Android, and Chrome Browser lets you build a custom serial control interface that’s tailored to your specific application.
For installation flexibility across a variety of environments, you can power the device server using the provided 12V DC power adapter, or using the integrated 10~30V DC terminal block. Plus, the device server is DIN rail mountable for out-of-the-way installations.
To help ensure reliable performance and prevent possible damage, the serial device server offers 15KV ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) protection, so you can rest assured that the device server won’t become damaged due to externally generated ESD.
This highly-customizable device server is easy to configure to suit your application. For easy setup, Windows users can use the provided Virtual COM port software, or the versatile web-based interface.
The RS232 device server supports Telnet (an operating system independent communication protocol), so it can be integrated into mixed OS environments (Windows, Mac, Linux). Plus, it supports VCOM, TCP Server/Client, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, ICMP(PING), Static IP, and ARP protocols.
Download the StarTech.com serial control software from the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, or the Chrome Web Store.
The NETRS232 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Certifications, Reports and Compatibility
• Integrate the cost-effective serial device server into mixed OS environments
• Manufacturing (CNC machinery, process control equipment, serial printers)
• Security (UPS control, access key panels, video cameras, card readers)
• Environmental control (lighting, temperature, clocks)
• POS (credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, cash registers, scales)
• A compact, cost-effective, serial-over-IP solution that includes a DIN rail mounting bracket
• Redundant and flexible power input using the included power adapter, or 10~30V DC terminal block input
• Safeguard your investment, with 15KV ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) protection
• Compatible with the free, StarTech.com Serial Device Application Software for iOS, Android, and Chrome Browser (NETRSAPP)
• Supports Telnet, for OS independent communication, perfect for Windows, Mac, and Linux users
• Supports VCOM, TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, ICMP(PING), Static IP, ARP
• Configurable using the software utility (Windows only), or web browser
• Up to 230.4 Kbps baud rate
• Supports RS232 serial protocol
• Compliant with IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802.3u standards
Warranty 2 Years
Industry Standards IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
Serial Protocol RS-232
Max Baud Rate 230.4 Kbps
Data Bits 5, 6, 7, 8
Flow Control RTS/CTS, None
Parity None, Even, Odd, Space, Mark
Stop Bits 1, 1.5, 2
Surge Protection 15KV ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) Protection Compatible Networks 10/100 Mbps
Auto MDIX Yes
Supported Protocols VCOM, TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, ICMP(PING), Static IP, ARP, Telnet
Connector Type(s) DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub)
Terminal Block (2 Wire)
OS Compatibility Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
Linux: The included software does not support Linux to emulate a local COM port. Linux users would need to use Telnet.
LED Indicators Power
Power Source AC Adapter Included
Input Voltage 100 - 240 AC
Input Current 0.5 A
Output Voltage 12V DC
Output Current 1.2 A
Center Tip Polarity Positive
Plug Type H
Power Consumption (In Watts) 14.4
Operating Temperature 0C to 60C (32F to 140F)
Storage Temperature -10C to 70C (14F to 158F)
Humidity 0~90% RH
Product Length 3.7 in [95.0 mm]
Product Width 2.2 in [55.0 mm]
Product Height 0.9 in [22.0 mm]
Weight of Product 2.4 oz [68.0 g]
Package Length 6.9 in [17.5 cm]
Package Width 6.3 in [15.9 cm]
Package Height 3.0 in [76.0 mm]
15.7 oz [444.0 g]
What's in the Box
Included in Package Serial over IP Device Server
DIN Rail Kit
Universal power adapter: comes ready for NA/EU/UK only when you buy in NA/EU/UK; comes ready for Australia and New Zealand only
when you buy in Australia and New Zealand Software CD