Oki ES8473 MFP Series
|ES8473 MFP - Desktop configuration (shown with open front panel for easy access to Black toner cartridge)||ES8473c MFP - Floor-standing Configuration Cabinet with caster base standard||ES8473x MFP - Floor-standing Configuration 2nd/3rd paper trays and caster base standard|
Oki ES8473 Printer
ES8473 62445401 (New)
Retired, no longer available: Contact for alternatives
Oki ES8473 Printer
ES8473 62445405 (New)
Retired, no longer available: Contact for alternatives
Oki ES8473X Printer
ES8473 62445403 (New)
Retired, no longer available: Contact for alternatives
|535-sheet 2nd/3rd/4th Paper Tray|
45887301 535-sheet 2nd/3rd/4th Paper Tray
|802.11a/b/g/n Wireless Module|
45830201 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless Module
45889501 Caster Base
|Multi-format Proximity Card Reader; 4.7"||70064913|
70064913 Multi-format Proximity Card Reader; 4.7-inch Cable
ES8473 MFPA compact Tabloid/A3 color MFP with robust performance and low operating costs
LED Technology Long print head life, high efficiency
- ENERGY STAR Compliant Superior energy efficiency
- Duplex (2-Sided) Printing Saves energy and resources
- Deep Sleep Mode Lowers power to save energy (=3W)
- Auto Power Off Saves power during periods of non-use
- Recyclable Toner and Drum Eliminates disposable waste
- Toner Save Mode Extends life of toner cartridges
Everything the small business or small to medium workgroup requires, in a compact size- The ES8473 MFP from OKI combines color printing and copying, color/mono scanning with scan-to capabilities, and analog faxing. All in a compact Tabloid/A3 device that fits in just about any environment- so there's no need to sacrifice space for functionality.
It's available in three basic configurations: the ES8473 MFP for desktop use, and floor models ES8473c MFP (with convenient storage cabinet) and ES8473x MFP (with two additional paper trays). For fewer user interventions, all three can be outfitted with additional paper tray options. (Note: Converting the desktop ES8473 MFP to a floor-standing configuration with additional paper trays requires caster base or cabinet. 2)
This affordable, networked MFP lets you produce professional documents with productivity-boosting speeds. It delivers up to 35 prints or copies per minute- with a time-to-first-page as fast as 9.5 seconds. 1
The ES8473 MFP prints on Tabloid (11" x 17"]/A3 (11.69" x 16.53"] sheets and banners up to 11.7 x 52", and can handle heavy stock up to 256 gsm- so you can save on outsourced print and copy costs. Duplex (2-sided) printing/copying comes standard with this MFP, as does a convenience stapler, a job separator/2nd output bin, 1.25 GB of memory, and a 250 GB hard disk drive.
7" color, tilting touchscreen display - To simplify navigation and enhance productivity, all primary functions are simple to access and an alphanumeric keypad lets users enter fax numbers, codes and quantities with a touch.
Diagnostic guidance is readily available via the display, as are customizable Job Macros that let you simplify complex and repetitive tasks. And the display's ergonomic design lets users see the screen's content even when the MFP lid is lifted.
Printing wirelessly and on the go - The networked ES8473 MFP supports cloud/mobile solutions such as Google Cloud Print, AirPrint for Apple iOS and OKI Mobile Print app for Android, and is also available with an optional Wi-Fi CERTIFIED a/b/g/n wireless LAN. Sharing files and documents is a snap -
- - Place your document on the Tabloid/A3 flatbed platen or in the 100-sheet duplex reversing automatic document feeder (RADF) and scan it in color or black & white to your PC and Mac
- - Save and send the electronic version to a folder on your PC, the network or FTP site, as an attachment to an e-mail address, or as a fax
- - Use LDAP for direct access to email contacts from an existing directory server, to save time and improve the reliability of document delivery
- - Scan a number of different documents and create a single document for output with the Job Build function
The device also offers robust fax features, including Internet (T.37) faxing, one-touch dialing, distinctive ring, and an Auto Delivery feature that routes all incoming faxes to a folder or to specified e-mail addresses.
The ES8473 MFP from OKI: fast, full-featured, easily maintained and bottom line-friendly.
ES8473 MFP from OKI- all the productivity features you want, in a compact, environmentally friendly Tabloid/A3 device.
- - Print, copy, scan and fax functionality standard
- - Small footprint - fits any environment
- - Up to 35 ppm/cpm in Color and Mono 1
- - Time to first page as fast as 9.5 seconds 1
- - 7" color, tilting touchscreen display for improved productivity
- - Duplex (2-sided) printing standard
- - Color scanning with send-to functionality
- - 100-sheet duplex reversing automatic document feeder (RADF)- scans both sides
- - Prints up to 11.7" x 52" banners, up to 256 gsm
- - Wireless LAN connectivity (optional)
- - Compatible with mobile printing apps such as AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and the OKI Mobile Print app for Android
- - Encrypted Secure Print ensures document confidentiality
- - USB Direct Print
- - 1.25 GB memory; 250 GB HDD
- - 800 MHz CPU processor
- - Easy access to Black toner cartridge
- - Job separator/2nd output bin standard
- - Convenience stapler standard
- - ENERGY STAR compliant
- - Smart Extendable Platform for integration with web-based applications
- - Upgradable paper capacity with optional 535-sheet 2nd, 3rd or 4th trays 2
7" backlit LCD touchscreen display: simplifies navigation and enhances user productivity; customizable home screen puts frequently used functions and diagnostic guidance at the user's fingertips for fast, efficient work processes.
Ergonomic design enables users to see screen content even when the MFP's lid is lifted.
Alphanumeric keypad: enter fax numbers, codes and quantities with a touch
Easy-to-access functionality: primary features are simple to locate and access
The ES8473 MFP
OKI Smart Extendable Platform - redefining -multifunctional-
This flexible open architecture allows software developers and OKI Solution Partners to create customized solutions that meet specific business needs. Here are examples, using the ES8473 MFP's touch-screen display to:
- - Optimize the use of output devices and reduce paper and toner costs company-wide or by department with optional PaperCut MF
- - Print an exact number of sheet tests on demand, grade tests instantaneously, print reports in minutes, scan documents to specific classroom folders with the optional Remark Test Grading Solution.
- - Automate your document scan process with barcode workflows, OCR and personalized touch-panel workflows, using optional Drivve I Image software.
- - Integrate scanned documents into document management and ECM systems with optional MetaScan XML files.
OKI understands the many challenges confronting the business world. That's why we offer a variety of world-class solutions designed to increase business productivity, while reducing your costs. Our custom solutions offer an effective mix of quality, performance, reliability and value to help you optimize your processes by combining our cutting-edge technology, customized service and unrivaled support.
The ES8473 MFP improves productivity with scan solutions like these:
- - ABBYY Fine Reader 12 Sprint is a powerful yet simple document capture system that allows you to quickly establish a cost-efficient process of converting paper to searchable and re-usable electronic documents.
- - SENDYS Explorer LITE streamlines business processes and saves time. This solution will help companies of any size fulfill their document workflow needs, maximizing efficiencies from capture to distribution. It enables the user to convert documents and distribute or upload them to a chosen location, providing greater flexibility to edit, access, print, retrieve and share files. SENDYS Explorer LITE is available for download at no charge, and optional cloud connectors and premium versions are available for purchase.As new applications become valuable and available to your business, they can be added to your ES8473 MFP's feature set using embedded OKI Smart Extendable Platform technology.
This MFP puts productivity-enhancing solutions at your fingertips - and even helps you reduce the costs of doing business.1 Published performance results based on laboratory testing of letter-size sheets, simplex. Individual results may vary.
2 Recommended configurations are ES8743 MFP with optional 2nd tray and cabinet or ES8473 MFP with optional 2nd, 3rd and 4th trays and caster base.
3 Based on ITU-T Test Chart #1.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
2015 Oki Data Americas, Inc. OKI, Reg. T.M., M.D. Reg. T.M., Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd. Microsoft, Windows, Vista, Reg. T.M., Microsoft Corp. PCL Reg. T.M., Hewlett-Packard Co. PostScript Reg. T.M., PostScript 3 T.M., Adobe Systems, Inc. IBM, ProPrinter Reg. T.M., International Business Machine, Inc. Epson Reg. T.M., Seiko Epson Corp. Mac Reg. T.M., Apple, Inc. Google, Android T.M., Google Inc. PostNet Reg. T.M., USPS. Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Reg. T.M., Wi-Fi Protected Setup T.M., Wi-Fi Alliance. USPS. ABBYY Reg. T.M., ABBYY. USB-IF logo T.M., Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc. ENERGY STAR Reg. T.M., U.S. EPA.AirPrint and the AirPrint logo are trademarks of Apple, Inc. Google Cloud Print and the CloudPrint logo are trademarks of Google, Inc.
Print Speed Up to 35 ppm Color/Mono 1
Duplex Print Speed Up to 27 ipm Color/Mono 1
Time to First Page As fast as 9.5 seconds 1
Print Resolution Up to 1200 x 600 dpi
Processor Speed 800 MHz
Monthly Duty Cycle Up to 100,000 pages
Recommended Monthly Print Volume
1,000 to 10,000 pages
Emulations PCL 5c and PCL 6; PostScript 3; PDF (v1.7); XPS; IBM ProPrinter; Epson FX
Operating Systems Windows 7; Windows 8, 8.1; Windows Server 2003; Windows
Vista; Windows Server 2008, R2; Windows Server 2012, R2;
Linux PPD; Mac OS 10.6.8 - 10.10
Connectivity Standard - High-Speed USB v2.0, USB Host (x2);
1 Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Base-TX);
Optional - IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless
Duplex (2-Sided) Printing Standard
Copy Speed Up to 35 cpm Color/Mono 1
Duplex Copy Speed Up to 17 ipm 1
Time to First Copy As fast as 10 seconds 1
Copy Resolution Up to 600 x 600 dpi
Copy Scaling 25% to 400%
Copy Quantity Selection 1-999
Duplex (2-Sided) Copying Standard
Copy Functions ID Copy; Collate; n-Up; Mixed originals; Edge and Center erase
Scan Type Color CIS
Document Input 100-sheet Duplex Reversing Automatic Document Feeder
(RADF); Single-sheet flatbed scanner
Scan Speed ADF - as fast as 1.2 sec./page Color/Mono; Platen - as fast
as 2.0 sec./page Color/Mono 1
Scan Resolution Up to 600 dpi
Scan-to Folder (CIFS/FTP/HTTP), E-mail (with LDAP support), USB memory, PDF, Secure PDF, High compression-PDF, S-TIFF/M-TIFF (RAW/G3/G4 Compressed), JPEG, XPS,
Scan to computer (with Actkey), Remote Scan. OCR and PDF/A supported with SENDYS Explorer LITE and ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint.
Fax Modem 33.6 kbps Super G3
Connectivity PSTN, PBX line
Fax Memory 8 MB (approx. 400 pages 3)
Programmable Touch Dials 40 (8 x 5 using Shift key)
Speed Dials Up to 1000 locations, 32 groups
Fax Functions On-hook dial; Redial; Fax from PC; Internet Fax (T.37);
Auto Fax/Tel switch; Distinctive ring detection; Automatic tray select for Fax print; Block junk Fax; Edge erase;
Automated delivery; Duplex scan/print; Fax image preview on touchscreen
Security Features IP and MAC Filtering, IPSec, Secure and Encrypted Secure
Print, SMTP server and POP before SMTP authentication,
SSL Security for SMTP Protocol, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS
Encryption, Port Change
Standard/Max RAM 1.25 GB
Storage 250 GB Hard Disk Drive
Wireless LAN (Optional)
Protocols Connectivity Wi-Fi CERTIFIED a/b/g/n; Wi-Fi Protected Setup
Security WPA2- Enterprise, Personal; EAP Type(s): EAP-TLS,
Operator Panel Features
7" color tilting touchscreen display; Alphanumeric keypad;
Standard Capacity ES8473 MFP/ES8473c MFP - 400 sheets (300 sheet Main Tray + 100- sheet Multipurpose Tray); ES8473x MFP - 1,470 sheets (300 sheet Main Tray + 535-sheet 2nd and 3rd Trays + MPT);
All models - 100-sheet RADF
Max Capacity ES8473 MFP - 2,005 sheets with optional 535-sheet 2nd, 3rd and 4th Trays; ES8473c MFP - 935 sheets with optional 535-sheet 2nd Tray; ES8473x MFP - 2,005 sheets with optional 535-sheet 4th Tray
Paper Sizes Main Tray: Tabloid (11" x 17"], Legal (14" auto/13.5" and 13" manual), Letter, Executive SEF; 535-Sheet Trays: Tabloid, Legal, Letter, Executive SEF; Duplex: Tabloid, Legal, Letter, Executive
SEF; Multipurpose Tray: 2.5" x 3.5" up to 11.7" x 52" banner, com-10, com-9, C5, C6, DL and Monarch envelopes; RADF:
Tabloid, Legal, Folio, Letter, Statement SEF;
Tabloid, Legal, Folio, Letter, Executive SEF, Statement SEF
Paper Weight Main Tray/Duplex: 17 lb. bond - 100 lb. vellum (60-220 gsm); 535-Sheet Trays: 17 lb. bond - 65 lb. cover (64-176 gsm); Multipurpose Tray: 17 lb. bond - 140 lb. index (64-256 gsm); RADF: 16 lb. - 32 lb. bond (60-120 gsm)
Standard 20-sheet off-line convenience stapler
Size (WxDxH) ES8473 MFP - 22.2" x 23.6" x 27.6" (563mm x 600mm x 700mm) including RADF; ES8473c MFP - 22.2" x 23.6" x 42.4" (563mm x 600mm x 1078mm); ES8473x MFP - 22.2" x 23.6" x 42.4" (563mm x 600mm x 1078mm)
Weight ES8473 MFP - 141.1 lb. (64 kg); ES8473c MFP - 181.9 lb. (82.5 kg); ES8473x MFP - 190.9 lb. (86.6 kg). Includes all consumables.
Power Consumption (without options)
Off: <0.1W; Deep Sleep: =3W; Power Save: =30W; Standby:
<120W; Average: <850W; Peak: <1400WBr>ENERGY STAR Compliance Yes
ENERGY STAR TEC Value 3.5 kWh
Acoustic Noise Operating - 54dBA or less; Standby - 37dBA or less dBA or less; Standby - 37dBA or less